Joe Defending His "Once in Forever Athlete" Comment

Only reason Ronda got her aura of invincibility is because WAMMA is a joke. She was the only fighter who was perfect for the weight class and who had huge combat sports background in Judo. Now the talent pool is slowly getting better and the other girls are catching up but the talent is still pretty much shit.

We are in a debate about what the term "once ever" means when most sane people know exactly what that term means. Joe Rogan also knows exactly what that term means and said it because he absolutely believed Ronda was a "once ever" athlete along with lots of other people. Now that Rondamania is over instead of admitting he was wrong he's trying to backtrack.

Joe rogan = right

no other woman's fighter was able to do what ronda did, completely dominate when she was there. Holly beat her, sure, everyone loses, and holly couldnt maintain.

Joe on Ronda...
  • “Dana, when you get a chance to watch Ronda Rousey fight, it’s not just a fight at this point. It’s a cultural spectacle.”
  • “It doesn’t just seem like a fight. It seems like some sort of historical event that you have the privilege of watching live.”
  • “She’s such a unique athlete. And such a unique person.”
  • “She’s almost like a mythical *stumbles over his words*… A mythical human at this point.”
  • “[Bethe] is fighting a woman who transcends sport. She’s fighting a woman who is a hero.”
  • “Wow. Woah. Crazy. Oh my goodness. Wow. Wow.”
  • “She’s a cultural icon.”
  • “She is just spectacular.”
  • “She just keeps getting better. She’s terrifying!”
  • “There’s something staggering about that woman. I really do feel like she’s just some incredible, historical figure.”
  • “She’s not a once in a lifetime, she’s once EVER.”
  • “Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.”
  • “To be able to call her fights is an honor. I don’t use that word lightly at all. It is a real honor.”
  • “It’s an honor to call your fights. It really is. You’re the best ever, you’re just *stutters like the first time you asked a girl on a date* a.. a… a once in a lifetime human being.”
  • “It’s like watching some unbelievable historical figure that’s never existed before.”
  • “Man, I’m blown away tonight.”
  • “I just want to tell you I’m just beyond honored to call this fight.”
  • “Ronda Rousey is on another level. I mean, another level from where she was before, and THAT was another level.”
  • “The best ever, ladies and gentlemen.”
  • “She’s just something so undeniably special. I’m just humbled, man. I’m humble.”
  • “This is something you’re going to get a chance to tell your children about. To tell your grandchildren about.”
  • “She is better than she ever was before, and she was already the best.”
  • “When people tell you ‘Hey I was there when Muhammad Ali fought Sonny Liston’, ‘I got to see Mike Tyson beat Trevor Burbick’, that’s what I feel like when I watch her fight.”

LOL

Joe rogan = right

no other woman's fighter was able to do what ronda did, completely dominate when she was there. Holly beat her, sure, everyone loses, and holly couldnt maintain.

You COMPLETELY contradicted yourself.

lol

ah..sherdog

Ronda is more like the Christy Martin of MMA, widely promoted, but hiding from Lucia Rijker

Ronda got her fame from being a terrible fighter hiding from cyborg but widely promoted. She's basically "shove down your throat" marketing material

0415_large.jpg

she is not a terrible fight...

She maybe be an incomplete fighter but she is far from terrible.

That tweet by Rogan does him some disservice since the term "once ever" doesn't necessarily mean she is/was the best ever.

What Ronda did was draw attention and focus towards WMMA. She helped build it as legitimate and her popularity skyrocketed because of her success. This is what was meant by "once in a lifetime athlete."

Her popularity was so grand that for a period of time it had surpassed her male counterparts. That's impressive no matter how you spin it.

Whether she was deserving of it or not is a different conversation all together.

Lulz. He called her a "once ever im human history." Now he's backtracking and restricting to "once ever athlete" and further narrowing his comment to just female athletes. Make up your mind, you bald fuck.

Last edited:
Since reading this thread, Rogan has progressively tried different strategies in dealing with it:

maxresdefault.jpg

5fopd2.jpg

JR.png

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-fbBiq0doprHk.jpg

tumblr_o0x4anfUf11ry1rm7o4_r1_500.gif

30cqgyp.jpg

Finally releasing this statement:
define-ourselves-by-past-failures-joe-rogan-daily-quotes-sayings-pictures.jpg

Back