News Joanna wants a big piece of cake

Is the correct phrase “bigger piece of the cake” or “bigger piece of the pie?” I thought cake was used in the the phrase “have your cake and eat it too.” Never mind... not important.
This is very important, bro....

It would be honestly so great to see UFC's internal "popularity metrics" along with the fighter payroll. I'm not suggesting that UFC accurately knows the exact extent by which each fighter drives buys/views, but they at least have a metric they go by. So there must be a list somewhere that could tell you who UFC thinks they are paying (indrectly) the most fairly and unfairly.,

She's all about that cake

nfH3oT.gif

Thought she made more then 100k to show

Is the correct phrase “bigger piece of the cake” or “bigger piece of the pie?” I thought cake was used in the the phrase “have your cake and eat it too.” Never mind... not important.

When I used to travel in Latin America I'd come back literally translating terms/phrases from Spanish to English.
Luckily if I was in an external meeting, my colleagues would usually ask me if I was "still thinking in Spanish" so that I didn't appear to be a momo in front of clients.

And fighters like Joanna should get paid a lot more.

She doesn't seem very intelligent. She says she wants a titleshot but also says the time of her fighting 2-3 times a year is over, meaning she probably wants to fight once a year. Surely the UFC will think twice about giving a titleshot to someone who goes on record saying they plan to be inactive

She wont get a dime more. She is done as champ. Lost to Valentina, Rose and Weili. Her 2 wins in the last few years are against Waterson and Torres( only decent win ).

Everybody wants fans back in full force at events but we're not there yet and that not something she should be bitching to the UFC about. Everyone wants a bigger piece of the cake and many feel they are more deserving of it over others. The big pieces of the cake are going to the UFC and a select few. I get how she feels especially after her last fight where you'd think she was fighting for retirement wealth.
Believe it or not there is a shockingly large portion of this forum who prefer hearing jabs land to sold out crowds

The one thing the UFC has never been great at is paying certain loyal fighters more money.
Well, back in the Zuffa days, Dana gave sweetheart jobs to a few retired fighters. But WME won't allow that any more.

Well with a face like that I don't think Onlyfans is an option. Never know though, some people will pay to look a womens feet. I don't understand the attraction. I should preface this with I don't really think she's ugly, just her personality makes her less attractive.

Nothing wrong with wanting more money, especially after a war like that but I doubt she gets it. She didn't win and the more time she takes off from competing, her argument will hold less weight.

Zhang hasn't fought either...another one of these fight 1x per year fighters.

Zhang hasn't fought either...another one of these fight 1x per year fighters.
She walked out the winner though, she has more leverage than Joanna at this point in time.

It's pie only as far as I know, people who speak English as a second language often mess up idioms even if they can speak English fluently.

When a person fights as hard as Joana Jędrzejczyk, every minute of every round, they deserve more money than lazy fuggs who sit behind a desk, or other fighters who quit the moment they face adversity.

Joanna is twice the man that Conor McGregor is.

For that matter, so is Holly Holm. On the same fight card Conor dove for Diaz' ankles, then gave his back, then immediately tapped, Holly Holm fought to absolute unconsciousness against Meisha Tate, refusing to tap.
LOL this guy comparing MMA with wmma

Nothing wrong with wanting more money, especially after a war like that but I doubt she gets it. She didn't win and the more time she takes off from competing, her argument will hold less weight.
she was just in the fight of the year and it was a split decision, so even though she lost that probably made her more marketable.

she was just in the fight of the year and it was a split decision, so even though she lost that probably made her more marketable.
Too bad she doesn't realize that because the more time she stays away from active competition, the less weight her argument will hold. It's the ugly truth unfortunately.

Too bad she doesn't realize that because the more time she stays away from active competition, the less weight her argument will hold. It's the ugly truth unfortunately.
if she agrees to fight for her old amount they will never pay her more. Plus it's not a bad idea to take a lot of time off after a fight like that. Zhang hasn't fought either.

Back