• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Jessica Penne

Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate, Sarah Kaufman, Sara Mcmann, Holly Holm, Amanda Nunes, Alexis Davis, Jessica Eye are all talented fighters

Germaine de Randamie has a great standup, Julianna Penna is a rising star along with Marion Reneau, Larissa Pachecho had 2 bad attemps but is young and hungry. Andrade is racking up wins for the most part regardless of her size disadvantage. Leslie Smith and Raquel Pennington is exciting fighters. Irene Aldana is one dominant fight away from joining the UFC along with Pannie Kianzad. Think what you will but I am definitely excited for 135'ers :)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy BW too. Just the Duke & Moras mentioning kind of threw me off... :)

I like this post though, you are right. Miesha & Sara are two of my favorites. Love watching GDR fight too.

You also left out Cat.

The only reason I can think of for anyone to put "amazing" and any name in that sentence together, is when we're talking about Moras for her..assets.

cm-39268-050cb463153f8a.jpeg

Your right that fight with Claudia jedi should of lost but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy BW too. Just the Duke & Moras mentioning kind of threw me off... :)

I like this post though, you are right. Miesha & Sara are two of my favorites. Love watching GDR fight too.

You also left out Cat.

I hope you realize Duke & Moras comment was meant to be the bad side of 135'ers because I don't think they belong in the UFC.

And yes how can I leave Zingano out, I think she is one of the most dangerous of em all

Penne's chances are slim. She needs to close the distance but she's very hittable coming, very static and unactive in her stance, like she moves very lazy. She isn't bad in her striking, some nice kicks, and straights but she's always there to be hit, I doubt she can take Joanna down, also Jessica has huge strength disadvantage, she's belongs in the AW like it or not, she got overpowered several times by Randa so Joanna can definetly overwhelm Penne with her strength.

I've got Joanna via 2nd Round TKO.

I hope you realize Duke & Moras comment was meant to be the bad side of 135'ers because I don't think they belong in the UFC.

And yes how can I leave Zingano out, I think she is one of the most dangerous of em all

Oh. Whoops. I thought you were pointing them out :)

Indeed she is.

Your right that fight with Claudia jedi should of lost but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

No.
To quote another sherdog poster, Gadelha should have been arrested for loitering.
Claudia amounted know offense after the first take down of the fight where she attempted a triangle choke. Joanna stood herself up and between the grappling got the best of the striking. A close decision for Joanna, hardly a complete robbery.

Didn't Jedi do a pretty good job at maintaining her patience against Esparza? I can't remember off the top of my head, the biggest memory I have is Jedi tagging her with a jab, cross, allowing Esparza to try and circle, and then continuing to pick apart Esparza until the final flurry where she sensed that Carla was hurt, and swarmed.

I have a somewhat similar feeling in regards to Penne strategy. I feel like she might try and maintain that distance, get Jedi close to the fence, and try to take it to the ground. But after the first couple combos by Jedi, Penne's game plan will go out the window.

I'm just hoping for another exciting WSW fight. The division could use some more exposure. I wish it was on something like a Fox card as opposed to a FightPass card, especially with a champ like Jedi.

I should have said Joanna J. and Holly Holm are the only two women I've ever seen use their striking to maintain distance and not just rush in at their opponent.

Poor Jessica sad to see such a nice girl get beat up, her only chance is to pull guard. She got out struck by Carla for crying out loud. Jessica is too small for this weight class as she moved up, maybe she put on some weight correctly for this fight.

I should have said Joanna J. and Holly Holm are the only two women I've ever seen use their striking to maintain distance and not just rush in at their opponent.

Alexa Grasso, Mizuki Inoue, Jojo (severly lacking boxing skills and head movement yes but she's really good at mantaining distance), Eggink

At BW Sarah Kaufman, Jessica Eye, Bethe Correia, Germanie de Randamie, Pannie kianzad.

Poor Jessica sad to see such a nice girl get beat up, her only chance is to pull guard. She got out struck by Carla for crying out loud. Jessica is too small for this weight class as she moved up, maybe she put on some weight correctly for this fight.

No Jessica is not too small for this weightclass, in her most recent interview she mentioned she feels as if 115 is more her natural weight class and she feels stronger.

Not sure if she got out struck bu Carla but that doesn't mean shes bad as the reach advantage between her and Carla are no where near as bad as Carla vs Joanna. Carla is really not that bad in standup and she won several of her fights via TKO.

I don't mean to be rude but you are one of those guys I mentioned earlier which think Carla beat Jessica, Joanna beat Carla so Joanna will win. MMA is not this black and white..

The sole reason JJ won was because of size and reach? Get outta here with that. She is a better fighter than Carla....quit making yet more excuses for the gal. She made enough excuses on her own at the post fight presser instead of giving props to JJ for being so much better and dominating her. JJ is a wrecking machine and she is just better.

lol
Styles make fights. Jędrzejczyk is not better than Esparza. Not at all.
And you will understand it when Namajunas will beat Jędrzejczyk, when they'll fight.

She needs to close the distance but she's very hittable coming, very static and unactive in her stance, like she moves very lazy.

Maybe Dominick Cruz will have a good influence on her. Despite his injury, I saw that he was doing some sparring with Bec Rawlings, and I know that Jessica has been there at Alliance MMA with her, so I assume Jessica is also getting some attention from Dom.

lol
Styles make fights. Jędrzejczyk is not better than Esparza. Not at all.
And you will understand it when Namajunas will beat Jędrzejczyk, when they'll fight.

Good reply sir! Not sure if Namajunas will beat Jedrzejczyk but she will definitely be much more dangerous than Esparza. Could end it via flying armbar

UFC.com says Penne has 65" reach & JoJed has 66".

Where's the clarity?!?! :(

Hmmm...
Tapology has Joanna at 65.5" and Jessica at 67".
My guess is that the UFC numbers are probably better, more likely to be produced by a consistent method.

Last edited:
Back