[JJ vs Gus] How was the impact of this fight in Sweden?

Doubtful, I think that's exhaustion from drinking crappy expensive arena beer.

All jokes aside, it does seem we don't have too many casuals here yet. If you were at the arena, chances are you are pretty well versed in mma. I had some of the best conversations about the sport with some random people at Globen. Although I find the swedish mma-sites pretty low-brow for the most part.

Sweden sounds boring as shit. One of the biggest fights ever and the response is, "I think it got like, a spot in the newspaper, or something."

There are pleny of swedish mma-sites though, besides the fights were on between 01-07 in the morning, its not like Bertil Svensson 52 stays awake and screams just bleed (ironically Glenn Hys

Sweden sounds boring as shit. One of the biggest fights ever and the response is, "I think it got like, a spot in the newspaper, or something."

How big a deal was it mark coleman fighting in the early years for pride?

Yeah, we stay up til 6-7 in the mornings sometimes to watch the fights. I doubt many Americans would do that. ;)

There are other posts that say different things so you were pretty selective in your reading though.

I think the coverage was quite good, every big channel and paper had some pages of coverage before and after the fight.

There was even live-tv on the biggest newspaper site when Alex arrived in Sweden at the airport today. Also the second biggest newspaper had a live-tv.

Boxing pretty much doesn't exist here. Ironically enough the biggest combat sport here is wrestling. Any Swede can name three or four Swedish amateur wrestlers. We actually have multiple mainstream famous amateur wrestlers, only one of whom ever did WWF. Alexander Karelin is more famous in Sweden than Mayweather is.

Just, no, not at all.

Frank Andersson, Tomas Johansson, Martin Lidberg, no? Not at all?

I could go on facebook right now and ask hundredes of swedes to name all the swedish wrestlers they know without googling and i'm 100% certain a good 95% of them would go

Wrestling lol?

I could go on facebook right now and ask hundredes of swedes to name all the swedish wrestlers they know without googling and i'm 100% certain a good 95% of them would go

Wrestling lol?

I guess you're a lot younger than me. Fair enough. Anybody who's in their thirties or above would know those names.

I guess you're a lot younger than me. Fair enough. Anybody who's in their thirties or above would know those names.

I agree it's bigger than boxing though.

I just feel like the averege swede hardly knows about any sports, except football and hockey.

and I supose some ski events are pretty big events aswell, however pretty much all combat sports are way off the averege swedes radar in my experience.

I agree it's bigger than boxing though.

I just feel like the averege swede hardly knows about any sports, except football and hockey.

and I supose some ski events are pretty big events aswell, however pretty much all combat sports are way off the averege swedes radar in my experience.

You dont think people know who Ara Abrahamian, Martin Lidberg, Frank Andersson etc is? Yes they do.

You dont think people know who Ara Abrahamian, Martin Lidberg, Frank Andersson etc is? Yes they do.

like the other poster said, maybe if you're 30+

but people in their 20s have no idea who any of thoes names are, seriously.

like the other poster said, maybe if you're 30+

but people in their 20s have no idea who any of thoes names are, seriously.

I am in my 20s and most people I know would know at least 1 or 2 of those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back