• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can Jiri Prochazca win the rematch?

Jiri can win but it's not going to be easy. Jiri is too stubborn to change his style. He also likes to fight against his opponent's strengths. Jiri doesn't seem like he is going to start checking leg kicks anytime soon. Alex's gameplan is out there. I don't think it is any secret that he wants to kick the calf a little bit then set traps. It is really up to Jiri to neutralize Alex's game.

It's probably 60/40 Alex but he's injured and coming off a vacation. It really comes down to who fights smart and has the better night. They are very evenly matched.

He has to pressure constantly and not let Alex set the pace and tear his legs up. You have to just stand and bang and pray you connect

jiris biggest issue in the fight was the leg kicks in his orthodox stance, when he switched to southpaw the leg kicks were not as effectice, but jiri was not comfortable enough in that stance. If jiri can become more comfortable in southpaw, that could definitely be a factor in avoiding the leg kicks, along with learning how to check them.

The leg kicks weren't as effective when he turned southpaw but neither was Jiris striking.

He did struggle with the kicks but really what did him in is when he had Poatan backed up, which he did often, in that last exchange he got a little too reckless/overzealous and that was the opening that a cornered Poatan needed.

He need to stay frosty and do everything right. Cant mess up with a guy like this.
That’s just not who Jiri is, though. Homeboy is chaos incarnate inside the cage. I wonder if it’s even possible for that guy to mind his ps and qs.

Jiri can win but it's not going to be easy. Jiri is too stubborn to change his style. He also likes to fight against his opponent's strengths. Jiri doesn't seem like he is going to start checking leg kicks anytime soon. Alex's gameplan is out there. I don't think it is any secret that he wants to kick the calf a little bit then set traps. It is really up to Jiri to neutralize Alex's game.
Easier said than done to check those kicks which have basically no tell. Izzy had trouble doing it. Hill couldn't really do it..

I know Jiri is the master of rabid hyena style but he would benefit greatly from clinching Alex and hunting some early toe stomps. Try to fuck that foot up and inhibit Alex's movement. He just needs to resist the urge to go full Garbrandt at some point, which I don't think he can.

That’s just not who Jiri is, though. Homeboy is chaos incarnate inside the cage. I wonder if it’s even possible for that guy to mind his ps and qs.
In the final exchange he got a little carried away. I know what you mean but..I think he can do it.

Easier said than done to check those kicks which have basically no tell. Izzy had trouble doing it. Hill couldn't really do it..
Hill stopped most of it by just not giving Alex the leg. Alex couldn't get his leg kick game going. Alex can't really throw the rear leg calf kick to a southpaw opponent. Hill also tried to step to the outside of Alex's lead leg so only Hill could kick with his own lead leg while Alex was out of position. Try to find the Hill fight online. I am pretty sure Hill landed more leg kicks to Alex. Hill's team really came up with a game plan for Alex's leg kicks.

I know Jiri is the master of rabid hyena style but he would benefit greatly from clinching Alex and hunting some early toe stomps. Try to fuck that foot up and inhibit Alex's movement. He just needs to resist the urge to go full Garbrandt at some point, which I don't think he can.
Keither Jardine evolved into Jiri

Back