• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can Jiri Prochazca win the rematch?

Definitely has a respectable chance. But it is Poatan's fight to lose. Way more tools, way more technique, more gifted etc.

If the ref is competent he has a chance, the dude always gets hurt and will likely get dropped again by Alex, he was not given a chance by the ref in their first fight.

Reactions: HHJ
200w.gif

probably because he can roid or not make weight there.
He just fought in Vegas and made weight and fought just fine. I dont know why people say dumbass shit like this without at least making an easy check to see if their own made up bullshit is real or not.

because Ankalaev doesn't want a title shot outside of Abu Dhabi, probably because he can roid or not make weight there.

Jiri/Poatan winner should 100% avoid Ankalaev in Abu Dhabi and force him to fight in the US, UK, Australia, France, Brazil, China or Canada.

Agree. Unclaev is filthy in that regard. He’s entitled despite having weird, dubious circumstances around all of his fights (except the Walker KO). I’m not saying that I expected him to step in on short notice, I’m just saying that I was hoping we would we see Alex fight him next. I’m picking Alex to beat Jeezy, but he could lose. Then we may never get the AP vs Unclaev match. If Alex wins against Jeezy, we’re basically in the same spot we were before the fight. This fight doesn’t really clear anything up in the title picture.

Last edited:
He just fought in Vegas. Where was the missed weight? Where was the positive roid test? how did he fight any differently?

When did he not make weight on the abu dhabi cards?

He just fought in Vegas. Where was the missed weight? Where was the positive roid test? how did he fight any differently?

When did he not make weight on the abu dhabi cards?

You’re missing the point. Historically, those kinds of things are allowed in abu dhabi for certain fighters.

Absolutely. Dunno why people are underestimating him, Alex is still in Australia signing autographs and with broken toes while Jiri has been training like a maniac, the only thing that doesn't make me believe in a 100% Jiri victory is the fact that Alex always improves for rematches, even in the fights in which he lost, Vakhitov, Izzy, Wilnis, Almeida, Yousri, and if he managed to unravel Jiri's weirdness already in the first fight it may be that in a second he makes it look even easier, perhaps not for lack of proper preparation, less than 10 days of camp.

Alex was out of commission with a broken toe and has been traveling the world making appearances.

He's taking this fight with zero preparation. Forget a camp, he's not even in regular training. He has to fly across the world from Australia and somehow make this weight cut, then walk into the cage.

This is 100% Jiri's best opportunity to beat Alex. Everything is working against Alex here and he is brave but arguably a fool for taking this booking.
He took a little break after the Hill fight to heal his toes but he's been back in training for a while now. Even while traveling he's still training every day and he weighs 227 lbs atm so just a normal cut.

=
The problem is, Jiri usually doesn’t mind getting hit. He has a crazy ability to just recover from being put on skates immediately and fire back. He relied on this for a long time, but must avoid it against Alex at all costs. Like HHJ said, he must fight sharp and do no mistakes, which will be hard. Once the exchanges start he will constantly have to fight the urge to go back into “Standard Jiri mode”. He is his own worst enemy sometimes.
That said, Jiri ko round 2. Fingers crossed.
He actually wasn't too reckless against poatan until he got finished. He was picking his shots more.

Problem is the more you touch Poatan without taking him out the closer you get getting taken out.
That’s true for anyone to be honest. And alex can get one shot killed. We have seen a MW in Izzy leave him dead in the octagon before too

We have seen nobody else do it as well. A MW in Izzy is the second best MW of all time, let’s not make it sound like an easy task.
And Jiri has only been bested once in UFCs (weak ass) LHW division too. So let’s not make it sound like he will get KOd by Alex everytime.

And Jiri has only been bested once in UFCs (weak ass) LHW division too. So let’s not make it sound like he will get KOd by Alex everytime.
Well no, I’m hoping Jiri gets it done, but it is a bad matchup for him.

He just fought in Vegas and made weight and fought just fine. I dont know why people say dumbass shit like this without at least making an easy check to see if their own made up bullshit is real or not.
Vegas is not Abu Dhabi. I don't trust him in Abu Dhabi at all.

Ankalaev vs Jiri/Poatan winner in VEGAS would be fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lookatmyopinion
Back