• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jiri is a LHW version of prime Tony

I see it..

M49xS62.jpeg

I disagree
Sure, they both do weird stuff in the cage. So does Michel Pereira.
But Jiri is not the kind of fighter who gets hit a lot, bleeds a lot then wins the fight in the end.
Also, in real life, there seems to be a huge difference.

Tony always used his toughness/cardio and ability to scramble well to win.
I’d have to go back and watch Tony’s fights; but I remember more of a “knockdown dragout“ approach.

Jiri Is definitely willing to take two shots to land one, he’s more looking for a big shot from a weird angle sort of a one shot one kill kinda deal.
Tony is the type of guy that would rather stand in the pocket trading nasty elbows and knees and punches really not caring at all about his well-being because he believes he can outlast the other guy which typically happens.

I said for years here that I thought the key was to keep him at the end of one’s punches and kicks and not follow into the ground, unless “you’re” A highly technical position first type of grappler.

You do that against Jiri* and he’s gonna land some sort of weird spinning shit that’s gonna knock you unconscious.

Last edited:
I kinda see it although Jiri needs to start wearing shades 24/7 then he'll evolve to Tony Ferguson

I think yall are forgetting how good prime Tony was.....I'm not even confident about Jiri being a lock for top 3 in his weight class right now. Prime Tony is probably top 10 lws ever maybe even 5 for some. Jiri doesn't slide into the top 25 205lbers ever.....

• Haha
Reactions: HHJ
Tony relied on his chin, height, reach and some illegal punches/kicks.

Jiri is more technical and has been knocked out.

Overall: naaaa don't see it, just both having bad defense.

Back