• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JESSICA JONES (Cancelled After Season 3)

The characters constantly say "Jessica Jones" a bunch. It was really annoying, as who would call someone by their full name 80% of the time???

Series was meh. Did just enough to make me binge the entire thing, but was underwhelmed by it overall.

^You're both wrong.

The problem with AKA Jessica Jones is that the main plot is a lesson in frustration.

Acting? Great.
Action? Good.
Music? Good.
Cinematography? Great.
Plot? Confusing and frustrating.

I've said it before ITT, but my one and only gripe is the plot.

Finished it now. You're right, the plot was all over the place. Could have been a lot better, but overall I still found it enjoyable.

I just started this yesterday after the hype got to me.

And I have to say... its laughably bad.

Worse than that Agents of Shield bs, even.

David Tenant was the highlight of this show. A Super Villain who's a serial rapist, might be the darkest Marvel have gone.

David Tenant was the highlight of this show. A Super Villain who's a serial rapist, might be the darkest Marvel have gone.

Yeah but its Dr. fucking Who so for all that darkness its still totally laughable.

This was the show baby. Not as good as daredevil..but my wife got into it to. Its a GD marvel couples show.....so good.

Love this series. Kilgrave really makes the show, imo.

I think they could have made Kilgrave a bit darker. I found him funny (in a dark way). Considering what he was doing, they should have played on that a bit more.

He's hands down the darkest Marvel villain yet.

In order to make the most money, their movies have to still somewhat be accessible for children, but they kinda of let loose with the content in their Netflix shows, it seems.

Yeah but its Dr. fucking Who so for all that darkness its still totally laughable.

No it's not because he's actually an actor that has played multiple roles and most people probably have the mental capacity to understand this. This is like saying I can't watch Arnold Schwarzenegger in any other movie because I only see him as the Terminator.

Its called being typecasted and it is a thing.

There's a reason Arnold almost exclusively does action flicks.

Same reason why its hard to take Tenant seriously as a villain.

Its called being typecasted and it is a thing.

There's a reason Arnold almost exclusively does action flicks.

Same reason why its hard to take Tenant seriously as a villain.

Being typecasted is an actors problem not a viewers.

I don't give a shit if Tennant has played Dr "fucking" who or not. He was Kilgrave and Kilgrave alone in JJ. If you can't differentiate that's your problem and certainly not a reflection on the show.

I think they could have made Kilgrave a bit darker. I found him funny (in a dark way). Considering what he was doing, they should have played on that a bit more.

Dude rapes people and made a dude fall face first, mouth open on some shears, how much darker can you get? Villian was awesome and because of Kilgrave being so well acted, the show went from good to great.

Dude rapes people and made a dude fall face first, mouth open on some shears, how much darker can you get? Villian was awesome and because of Kilgrave being so well acted, the show went from good to great.

I didn't feel that they shot it in a way that captured the darkness well. Still enjoyable though.

I finished the series over the weekend. I really liked it but I felt the ending was pretty "meh". Kilgrave was a great villain but the writers should have done more to develop his character. I may be in the minority but I liked this series better than Daredevil.

Seriously? He's a serial rapist and killer. He raped a teenage girl repeatedly for weeks, then made her shoot her parents dead just to fuck with Jessica. He tried to have Patsy killed because she insulted him over the radio. He turned a man into a junkie so he'd have a pawn he could use to spy on Jessica. He's a complete psychopath who will do anything to anyone for his own pleasure.

The only way to make Kilgrave darker would be to have him join ISIS and start making people carry out suicide attacks.

In order for Kilgrave to get any darker, they'd have to show him raping people.

Back