• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jessica Eye parts ways with Strong Style ahead of potential UFC title shot

Opening her own gym with a friend? She is gonna get beat worse than I originally thought.

jesus fucking christ.

So after all Valentina's bullshit about people not defending their belts, and saying shes goimg to be an active champion, now shes not ready to fight till June..

In May 2018, five months after Montano won the belt Valentina was calling for Nicco to be stripped...

If she cant fight till June maybe Eye should call for Shev to be stripped
FlamboyantHoarseCondor-small.gif

We agree on something again.

jesus fucking christ.

So after all Valentina's bullshit about people not defending their belts, and saying shes goimg to be an active champion, now shes not ready to fight till June..

In May 2018, five months after Montano won the belt Valentina was calling for Nicco to be stripped...

If she cant fight till June maybe Eye should call for Shev to be stripped

You are still bitter that your bitch is a quitter?

imagine like what if Valentina slips and kos herself by accident somehow. the UFC will have some mediocre fighter as champion just because she's there

I read it perfectly correctly

"she could have to wait as late as June for the champ to be ready"

So Valentina may not be ready till June

pray, tell me what I got wrong?
A June defense for a lay-up contender in eye. Then how long will she need for a second defense vs a better challenger probably 2020.

a lot of talking tbh, I don't like her, but kinda was ok with her as champion, because I thought it will be active champion:
1. talking crap about Nunes, and how she will fight her like "last fight of her life", then doing nothing during fight...
2. calling out Jedrzejczyk from class below, then talking : "let's give good show, striking etc." and winning basicly by overpowering and takedowns
3. after fight talking crap about lazy champions, then taking at least 6 month break ...

I'm not even hater at this point...don't really care tbh. She is not too bright girl.

Interesting looking at this val's media talk is like laying traps before fights so jj didn't work her TDD, and Amanda didn't try and rush her, and now ufc match makers wolnt push her in right away.

Interesting looking at this val's media talk is like laying traps before fights so jj didn't work her TDD, and Amanda didn't try and rush her, and now ufc match makers wolnt push her in right away.
There's no game, it's just stupid talking, JJ said before fight that val 100% will try to td her and her talking is just bs . Amanda was not rushing because she was afraid she will gas etc. etc. There's nothing.

I guess their style was too strong for her

<21>

lol, in some ways its probably good. they have no boxing coach to speak of, that al guy is a joke and all strong style fighters have the same defensive deficiencies. its why theyve all been rocked or dropped over their lead hand (garbrandt and stipe being the two main examples). also i dont think she had any good sparring partners in house except for some guys.

but at the same time, i dont see this improving her game much at all. she doesnt come off as a fighter with a high ceiling.
yeah that tall pencil neck boxing coach they got is garbage.

Jessica Eye was hurt in her career by being loyal to that team, she is a good boxer and has no ferocity on her shots

She was basically point fighting I wish she got with a legit boxing coach like a Freddie Roach or one of his pupils who encourage power punching.

The crazy thing is Wittman would have been a good coach he is a legit boxing guy, but he is close to Valentinas team because Rose and Valentina are training partners.

Jessica could be legit sprawl and brawl type, with Valentina she will need to counter her speed with power.

How come most of these female MMA fighters have narrow hips?

Opening her own gym with her friend... sounds like a shit show to me

Who the hell opens a gym as a premlim fighter on a 10/10 contract? (And that probably generous) Probably cost her less to just move to ATT. I’d rather see Calderwood fight for the title to be honest

The fact that Jessica Eye is even in discussion of a title shot tells you everything about WMMA.

She's what, two years removed from a 1-5 UFC record? Then she wins three split decisions and she's a title contender.
For fucks sake....might as well bring back jessamyn Duke!

Could it be cutting out prior to possibly bigger paycheck from shitle tot?

"Strong Style" has to be one of the dumbest gym names I have ever seen. Very creative.
It's an homage to Japanese pro wrestling.

https://www.destructoid.com/strong-style-japanese-wrestling-in-a-nutshell-429882.phtml

What is "Strong Style"?

Strong Style is a reference to a style of Wrestling born in Japan. It is a style that combines pro wrestling moves and martial arts that is characterized by its intense action and what would be called "stiff", meaning these guys hit each other a little bit harder than say the grapplers of the United States or the high flyers of Mexico. In Japan, straight up punches aren't used as much as open palm slaps and forearms, along with kicks, suplexes, and throw type moves. Wrestlers like Shinsuke Nakamura (The "King of Strong Style"), Togi Makabe, Katsuyori Shibata, and Tomohiro Ishii are big time users of this style and makes for realistic and hard hitting action.

She missed weight and wasn't even close to making it.

True. Still, prior to the bout agreement Val & the UFC were pressuring Nicco to fight just a few months after winning the title on a broken foot.

Garbrandt isn't from Strong Style. And who is Al? If you mean Iaquinta, he also isn't from Strong Style.
Yeah he is, his MMA career started there. The famous clip of him being KO'd cold in the amateurs came from his strong style run.

And no, they have a coach named al who's been made fun of on strong style before.

doesn't matter where she trains.

She ain't beating Valentina.

Back