News Jessica Andrade vs. Cynthia Calvillo targeted for UFC 266, September 25th

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Jessica Andrade looking to bounce back after her loss to Valentina last April at UFC 261. She is set to face #5 WFLW Chyntia Calvillo at UFC 266 on Sept. 25.

Last edited:
Jessica defending her Assistant to the Regional Champion Belt.
F06bPD.gif

Yawn. Only remotely interesting fight for Valentina right now is Suarez.

Sure... Jess needs to get some W's on her side.

Andrade is in a weird spot. Seems like she is too big for 115 and has said she doesn’t like cutting to it. However she was physically mad handled by Valentina at 125.

I feel she has a better chance of being champion at 115 then she ever does at 125 but...she seems to prefer making this weight and I obviously can’t blame her.

Andrade is probably the second best girl in that division right now. Only question right now is her motivation to keep going

Andrade is in a weird spot. Seems like she is too big for 115 and has said she doesn’t like cutting to it. However she was physically mad handled by Valentina at 125.

I feel she has a better chance of being champion at 115 then she ever does at 125 but...she seems to prefer making this weight and I obviously can’t blame her.
Not all fighters need to be champions. There are 600 fighters in the UFC and events every week but only 11 divisions. I think she is on a great spot. Contenders at 125 are weaker than at 115, she already proved that she has nothing for Valentina, so now she will fight from now on those 125 contenders that get titleshots like jessica Eye.

Why go to 115 and struggle with weigh to face contenders like Marina Rodriguez and mackenzie Dern when she can stay at 125 and face B level contenders like Calderwood, Eye and Calvillo? Much easier fights.

She is in a good position for easy fights as long as she doesn't start pricing herself out like Costa and Romero did in which case the UFC may give her the Liz Carmouche treatment

Calvillo has terrible fight iq. Dunno if she could win this even if she had good fight iq tbh.

Andrade is probably the second best girl in that division right now. Only question right now is her motivation to keep going
Thats sort of the sad part about MMA, at least in boxing champions can remain champions while doing their own thing, here a rematch is often 1-2 fights away if not instantly ruining contender's careers, if this was like boxing Andrade could be collecting other than the UFC's belt and aim for a rematch at one point, now she just aims to eliminate contenders and get crushed again soon after that.

If cynthia can pull this off puts her right back in the fighting val conversation.
I think jessica has this though.

Thats sort of the sad part about MMA, at least in boxing champions can remain champions while doing their own thing, here a rematch is often 1-2 fights away if not instantly ruining contender's careers, if this was like boxing Andrade could be collecting other than the UFC's belt and aim for a rematch at one point, now she just aims to eliminate contenders and get crushed again soon after that.
Boxing is shit. If this was boxing, Andrade would have never fought Valentina. Valentina would have the WBC but would have to drop the WBO belt because she'd refuse to pay a ridiculous fee or whatever to fight somebody and then Andrade would take that vacant belt and fight the Jessica Eyes of the world for years without ever facing Valentina.

Boxing is fucking garbage, man. Nobody fights each other. Corrupt rotten sport. Thank God the best fight the best in UFC and we found out who was better between Andrade and Valentina.

Back