Jessica Aguilar, WMMA Pioneer, Dumped by UFC (Finds Out from USADA)

And she was always overrated as fuck

went round saying how she was the best strawweight in the world, came to the UFC, better competition, usada testing, looked like utter shit.

and sure, she was 33 when she came to the UFC, but there are plenty of top fighters in their thirties that arent getting taken to a decision by Jodie Esquibel..

Most likely going to Combate Americas? Would be cool to have her fight on the Tito card. Two long time MMA fighters.

She's a great ambassador for the sport, so I'd think she'd be a perfect addition to a growing organization.

The UFC waited too long to sign Jessica Aguilar in the first place. Then they signed her when she was past her prime. Then, threw her into the meat grinder (first fight against Gadelha). Some may argue about her eye-pokes, especially in the second match against Fuji, but at one point JAG was the best female fighter in MMA, IMO. There's a reason why Megumi Fuji requested Aguilar to be her final opponent - a passing of the torch. Her UFC career may be over, but I hope JAG gets a few fights in at Invicta before she hangs up the gloves. Respect.

Jarl

I remember hearing great things about her when she signed with the UFC. I watch about 80 percent of all the PPVs each year, but It feels like this is the first I’m hearing of her since then. Did I just time travel?

It's so sad that athletes have to find out critical information regarding their careers and employment through the media, fans, and in this case USADA, instead of the UFC.

It just goes to prove that the UFC is a rat bastard organisation run by scumbags.

She screwed up by going to WSOF instead of Invicta. It was good for the short term, she made more than Invicta fighters were making, but hurt her long term.

She's not UFC caliber at this point of her career. If she still wants to fight it's better for her to go to Invicta and at least win some fights.

No, we just stop sending her checks...she'll figure it out.
9CvUG3ZQXxkMgdCTzwYcHra1C_9EL_QfjfMfwYJlGtE.jpg

she should of been cut anyways.

shitty way to find out though.

“I haven’t received any communications from the UFC,” Aguilar told MMA Fighting. “However my last fight against Marina Rodriguez was the last on my contract. I did receive an e-mail last night from USADA stating that I was being removed from the testing pool which I assume means the UFC has decided not to offer me a new contract.

"This business is tough, but well worth it if you love fighting as much as I do. I have dedicated over 13 years of my life to MMA and consider myself a pioneer of WMMA.”

doesnt mean she wont be resigned.

to bad she picked wsof over tuf show.

Back