Jessica Aguilar, WMMA Pioneer, Dumped by UFC (Finds Out from USADA)

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

“I haven’t received any communications from the UFC,” Aguilar told MMA Fighting. “However my last fight against Marina Rodriguez was the last on my contract. I did receive an e-mail last night from USADA stating that I was being removed from the testing pool which I assume means the UFC has decided not to offer me a new contract.

"This business is tough, but well worth it if you love fighting as much as I do. I have dedicated over 13 years of my life to MMA and consider myself a pioneer of WMMA.”

Last edited:
Her biggest accomplishment was being mauled by Zhang

This is right up there with showing up to work checking the week's schedule at the end of the shift and realizing you aren't on it that day or the rest of the week for that matter or the next two weeks.

Textbook Capitalism.

Sucks to be her I guess but I don't really care about her one iota, so Fedor shrug like the other guy posted.

Terrible way to treat a member of staff. Sack her by all means but at least let her know, not find out like that.

Her biggest achievement was that she fight in this excact bout against Claudia:
LinedElementaryFossa-size_restricted.gif

That was one of the most disappointing UFC run ever. She was supposed to be the uncrowned 115 queen and looked awful...

so let me get this straight
she fought out her contract and UFC never re-signed her

and she's surprised now that she's not in UFC?? LOL how clueless can you get

Last edited:
That was one of the most disappointing UFC run ever. She was supposed to be the uncrowned 115 queen and looked awful...
I remember how much WSOF hyped her. I wasn't impressed with her then tbh.

Terrible way to treat a member of staff. Sack her by all means but at least let her know, not find out like that.

She has a manager. Let’s assume for a minute that she and her manager really were given absolutely no indication of whether she’d be offered a new deal or not. While it would be nice if the company had a better process for handling these situations to make sure things didn’t fall through the cracks, it seems to me that the purpose of a manager is to be on top of this for her. This is just my speculation and musing though, it would be silly to assume too much based on one third hand comment like this.

I wish her the best in all her future endeavors.

Classic classless Dana, winning the new female audience.

Hopefully it's the beggining that they arent extending any of the female fighters contracts. They are just sneaky getting rid of WMMA, but trying to be PC as fuck about it

there was no sacking to do. Her contract had ended, it was over.

If you are at the last fight of your contract and you dont ask for a new one, and nobody comes to you and offers you a new one, then thats it. nothing to be said.

Back