Jennifer Maia suspended 6 months by USADA for furosemide. Blames tea capsules.

Why in the fuck do fighters still get suspensions when it's proven their suppliments were tainted? Fucking makes no sense.

And then Jones basically walks free even though he can't show where the steroids came from?

Fuck USADA.

USADA's gotta harvest the last bit of " Legitimacy" they have in the public eye.

Why doesn’t she just claim she was pulsing? Then she’ll be immune forever

Why in the fuck do fighters still get suspensions when it's proven their suppliments were tainted? Fucking makes no sense.

And then Jones basically walks free even though he can't show where the steroids came from?

Fuck USADA.
Golden Snitch had a good answer to that question.

He said, if it's proven that it's a tainted substance, the sentence will be shortened, but you still have to be punished, otherwise everybody will just take peds and then blame it on tainted substances; effectivly gaming the system.

If the fighters understand that you will at least get 6 months irregardless of innocence, this will most likely curtail fighters trying to cheat.

She should be banned for life!
What are you even talking about?

This was the amount of diuretic that, if you poured a cup of tea in the water at the beach, it would equal what was in her body. Plus diuretics should be legal. We don't wanna watch water logged fighters.

You missed a trick not titling the thread 'Maia suspended by USADA', OP.

You're not Sherdog material IMO.

Rick-and-Morty-dick-move-meme-300x253.jpg

A little rick and morty reference / inside joke

Last edited:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2019/1/...h-usada-suspension-in-tainted-supplement-case

“They did this test a month after the fight and I was cool because I know I would never use anything illegal,” Maia said. “I was too swollen after the fight because I retain fluid, so I took capsules of natural tea. However, 20 days after the antidoping exam I received a letter informing me that I had used diuretics. I knew I never used anything, so I imagined it had to be the tea since the other supplements I used before the fight, the post-fight antidoping test came back clean.”

Dw-IvHFX0AAhICX.jpg:large

<{chips}> <WhoJeff>

How the hell does furosemide, a medical diuretic get into tea capsules?

Tea cut with creatine, cut with cocaine, cut with medical diuretics

was not tea capsules

was slimming pills

Dw-KlMBX4AMPfqY

Dw-KlMUXQAEK3e6

slimming pills are notorious for containing duiretics, especially random no-brand ones like these (Im amazed thy didnt contain ostarine tbh)

Damn, that's a shit ton of banned substances for a "tea capsule".

Edit: So they weren't "tea capsules" at all. LOL at calling some no name diet pills "capsules of natural tea".

tea is bad mkay

Reported for not giving information about how many followers she has in IG.

makes perfect sense.

They are (meant to be) educated on supplement choices, what to watch for. The importance of using third party tested and certified supplements (or at least sticking to big reputable brands).

If they ignore that education, and take random supplements from dodgy suppliers, no name brands, and crap like slimming pills, they ultimately bear some responsibility.

If not you are just giving them free reign to take "dr roid's marvelous testosterone booster" and just blaming it on teh supplement.

was not tea capsules

was slimming pills

Dw-KlMBX4AMPfqY

Dw-KlMUXQAEK3e6

slimming pills are notorious for containing duiretics, especially random no-brand ones like these (Im amazed thy didnt contain ostarine tbh)

Where did you get that this was the supplement she used? It doest say anything about it on the MMA fighting article or the other image i posted which is from another article.

She said tea capsules. Then the media spread the news as that. Not me. Why would she say that?

If you are correct, which i imagine you probably are, since it makes no sense to made something like that up, then i agree with you 100%. These things are notorious for having diuretics.

But it looks like some really low budget, backroom stuff. Is furosemide that cheap that its worth to cut it in the pill?

Last edited:
TS every smart fighter now pays some of these shady supplement companies to 'contaminate' some supplements with any of the 'restricted' USADA items they may be taking so that if they do get busted they can say 'look, contaminated sealed supplements.'.

Any smart fighter will find a small shady supplement company willing to do that for them.

Where did you get that this was the supplement she used? It doest say anything about it on the MMA fighting article or the other image i posted which is from another article.

She said tea capsules. Then the media spread the news as that. Not me. Why would she say that?

If you are correct, which id be willing to say you probably are, then i agree with you 100%. These things are notorious for having diuretics.

But it looks like some really low budget, backroom stuff. Is furosemide that cheap that its worth to cut it in the pill?

usada added it a few days ago to the high risk list. and stated all three substances found in it, so easy to make the match.

upload_2019-1-15_20-18-42.png

look at the last ingredient on the label, "Cha Verde" (green tea) thats where shes got the tea thing from. Main ingredient is seaweed.

index.php

But yeh, its called "Slim Shape" and its marketed as a slimming pill. No brand name, they are renowned for being dodgy.

Fuck USADA.

Exactly... lol.

She gets 6 months because she drank some tea. Jon Jones used Turinabol and gets nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back