• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jeff Novitzky on JRE clearing Jones' name

jones was a skinny phenom. then he took an involuntary break, got enormous and comes back to fighting. first he tests positive for a masking agent. next for an actual steroid.

im too lazy to find the pictures but come the fuck on.

I hope you are not seriously implying he only started using after his break..

Glad to see he's been "cleared" and will come back to fight the winner of DC and that Oez guy. I reckon he still did it but I don't really care

The fuck? Jeff didn't clear Jon's name. Not at all.

Misleading threads need to be a bannable offense on Sherdog, whether it's intentional or due to mental retardation.
I guess mmajunkie should be banned too

Why UFC's Jeff Novitzky doesn't believe Jon Jones intentionally used steroids

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/01/ufc-jon-jones-steroids-use-usada-suspension-jeff-novitzky
intent is irrelevant. you are responsible for what you put in your body as a fighter.

otherwise you could have fight camps keep fighters in the dark about getting roided up and when caught just be like "well he never had intent to cheat, he didn't know anything" then just 'fire' your coach.
You're objectively wrong. There can be plenty of aggravating or mitigating factors. Unintentional use is a huge mitigating factor.

fucking stupid ass scientists giving away their secrets all the time, for fucking money, they should use the roids they invent just on themselves!!!

250px-Muscle_scientist.jpg

Why do I get the feeling that no other fighter gets the time/money and attention spent on clearing them that Jones seems to get?
Novitzky is basically a UFC employee and he does what he’s told.

1. Unintentional use = not a drug cheat bud

2. Jeff is a career-long anti-PED GOAT. I dont believe he would randomly sell his soul for a paycheck and start lying on behalf of those he spent so long trying to catch. He still has his integrity even if he works for the UFC and its his expert opinion that Jon used anti-estrogen substances unintentionally, and that this new case seems like another case of unintentional use.

Now you can read the thread because Ive literally already answered these questions and explained these things before.

And if you would stop lying, I could stop calling you on your bullshit.

Unintentional use does not mean not a drug cheat. Jon broke the rules. He cheated. He has already been stripped and suspended for doing so. He will now try and convince some people it was an accident. The degree to which he can do that will impact the length of his suspension for cheating.

Jeff's Anti-PED GOATNESS is not in question here. Nor is it in any way relevant here. He opinion carries no weight in the length of time Bones suspension for cheating will be.

I like how Jeff's reasoning behind Jones being clean is that it wouldn't make sense for Jones not to research turinabol to see that it has a long detection time. Really?

The guy that popped dick bills? The that hit and ran a pregnant lady and went back to his car for cash and a weed pipe? The guy that parties and snorts coke?

But wait, Jon Jones has a good head on his shoulders and is going to Google the detection rate for a steroid before before he pops it...
Coincidentally I just read this comment on mmamania and I think it sums up the situation perfectly, I got a good chuckle out of it:

What Nowitzki shoulda said was:
"I’ve said this awhile now, it would not make a lot of sense for an individual, a UFC athlete who knew, especially a champion or contender like Jon Jones to…drive a Bentley under the influence and smash it into a pole with a bunch of ho’s inside, post homophobic slurs on his instagram account, snort cocaine the weekend before a championship fight, get involved in a hit and run with a pregnant lady while high and then leave the scene and come back for his stash, get popped for two banned substances prior to headlining one of the biggest cards in UFC history, serve his suspension and then come back again only to pop for another banned substance yet again…oh shit wait a second, never mind."

Posted by luckycat22 on Jan 3, 2018 | 4:58 PM

Hey dumb@$$ having a traffic accident doesn't send people to prison.
Are you stupid kid?
Clearly you're fucking stupid...thousands of hit and runs have sent people to prison especially if the person was left with serious injuries.

The maximum sentence for a hit and run that doesn't involve a death is 10 years in prison factually you stupid fuck.

Educate yourself before ever stepping to me again

<Prem973>

The quote is not from Novitzky and is from a separate case. Don't go back on your words now, tell me again how Novitzky cleared Jones.
Its from the verdict Jones got in his first case.

Case 1: "Yeah he didnt use it intentionally, not a drug cheat." - The arbitration panel

Case 2: "Yeah this seems like it was unintentional again." - Jeff

Me: Ok so unintentional use = not a drug cheat, as per the first case. Jeff doesnt think this was intentional. Therefore not a drug cheat. Therefore cleared by Jeff. Not by USADA - but like the title says, by Jeff.

You: Incoherent ramblings driven by uncontrollable emotions

(Note: paraphrasing)

Its from the verdict Jones got in his first case.

Case 1: "Yeah he didnt use it intentionally, not a drug cheat." - The arbitration panel

Case 2: "Yeah this seems like it was unintentional again." - Jeff

Me: Ok so unintentional use = not a drug cheat, as per the first case. Jeff doesnt think this was intentional. Therefore not a drug cheat. Therefore cleared by Jeff. Not by USADA - but like the title says, by Jeff.

You: Incoherent ramblings driven by uncontrollable emotions

(Note: paraphrasing)

Jeff's opinion is not the same as clearing Jones. Again, if you don't know the difference then there's no hope here.

Jeff's opinion is not the same as clearing Jones. Again, if you don't know the difference then there's no hope here.
If you read the thread before posting multiple times in it you'd know someone had an equally rough time comprehending the title, and I already explained it to them.

I did you a favor and found the post;

I suppose we can argue the semantics of someones name being "cleared". As far I'm concerned, a GOAT anti-PEDer like Jeff saying both times were unintentional makes him cleared imho regardless of what the potentially corrupt bureaucrats decide on in the end. If you disagree that is fine but I didnt misrepresent Jeff.

"Jeffrey John Novitzky AKA ‘The Golden Snitch’ (born December 15, 1967) is the Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance for UFC. He previously served as an agent for the Food and Drug Administration investigating the use of steroids in professional sports. Before April 2008 he was a special agent for the Internal Revenue Service who investigated the use of steroids for over five years."

Hes on Mr. Rogaines podcast right now and they were discussing Jon Jones situation. Jeff firmly believes that the first case with Jones (anti estrogen) was unintentional use and he also firmly believes that the second case (turinabol) has all the markings of unintentional use.

Ive said it since day 1, Jon is innocent it feels good to know the #1 anti-PED guy in all of sports agree with me.

@Toco
@Pacemaker Joe
@dimspace

Update: Stream is no longer live but the Jones talk starts around 12:15

IMO there's a clear difference between refraining from accusing him than saying he was innocent.
Jeff is a professional and know how to speak, so he does not accuse Jon of anything before it is proved.
And he shouldn't.
And Sherdog shouldn't either.
Like I said since day one. Let USADA do its job and find him guilty or innocent.
Until then, it is stupid to pass judgement on anyone.
Hate him later if found guilty. But allow him an opportunity to defend himself.

If you read the thread before posting multiple times in it you'd know someone had an equally rough time comprehending the title, and I already explained it to them.

I did you a favor and found the post;

If you wouldn't misuse words perhaps people would have a better time understanding your thread titles. Just a suggestion.

This is Jeff's logic.

Either Jon is the biggest moron in sporting history, or its non intentional.

So Jeff naturally goes with the latter.

What he talks to account for is the fact that Jones potentially could be the biggest moron in sporting history

I think a third possibility is Jones was unclear about what he was taking - eg, thought it was a different PED.

Nowitzky lost a lot of credibility after this podcast. Came across as straight shill.

Back