Jeff Monson v. Kai Garcia grappling superfight to be cancelled.

jjmuaythaiguy

Brown Belt
Reaction score
If anyone was planning on coming to Hawaii to watch this Superfight grappling match you can cancel it. The grappling superfight is going to be cancelled. I know a lot of Hawaii people were going to be looking forward to this and I have not seen anything posted about it so just letting anyone who cares know.

who is kai garcia?

Royler Gracie Black Belt, surfer, security, stunt person, that some say is a bigger version on Monson. He is security for movies and basically anything on the North Shore of Hawaii. It was going to be one hell of a match. People in Hawaii were expecting it.

really what are his credentials? I mean being a royler black belt is cool and all but being a security guard, surfer, and a stuntman isn't gonna make me think "wow he will give monson a run for his money". Monson is an ADCC competitor and was second in the no gi worlds. What has garcia accomplished that would make a person think that he will give monson a good match?

really what are his credentials? I mean being a royler black belt is cool and all but being a security guard, surfer, and a stuntman isn't gonna make me think "wow he will give monson a run for his money". Monson is an ADCC competitor and was second in the no gi worlds. What has garcia accomplished that would make a person think that he will give monson a good match?

Surfer AND security guard, man.

I'd like to see a two time ADCC champion and no-gi absolute champ take THAT combo.

Plus he's been in more movies than Monson.

bob, i knew this shit would happen. it was all together a big promotion stunt. oh well, i never got my hopes up.

u can't fuck w/ a plastic badge and a long board baby!

Well, first of all, he's huge and an incredible athlete. He's 250 pounds--and one of the best surfers in the world.

Also, I've read that he was the first American to win the gold at any belt level in the Mundials. I think he won the blue belt divison in 1995. Since then, he medaled a bunch more times. J-Sho on the nhbgear forum posts that he's also recorded the following results:

*1997 Mundials - 1st place Faixa Roxa u97kg - Gracie Humaita/Iate
*1997 Pan Ams - 2nd Place Faixa Roxa Absolute - Rickson e Royler
*1998 Mundials - 2nd Place Faixa Marrom u97kg - Gracie Humaita
*2000 Mundials - 3rd place Faixa Marrom +97kg - Gracie Humaita

Listen, if the fight was still scheduled, Monson would be the favorite--but Kai Garcia is no chump.

Surfer AND security guard, man.

I'd like to see a two time ADCC champion and no-gi absolute champ take THAT combo.

Plus he's been in more movies than Monson.

Like it has already been said, Monson would be the favorite, but Kai would be a handful if not pull out the upset.

By "security" I mean in a street fighter/jiu jitsu black belt/surfer turned security as in umm, if you ran into trouble on the streets or beaches of the North Shore, Kai is a mighty good man to have with you at all times. Not security as in rent a cop, more like, Tony Soprano type security. Yeah, like that. In a nice way.

Kai_2_535.jpg

Kai at Backdoor

Is it because Monson's hand is broken?

Never heard about that but I will let OTM make the announcement.

This was the original announcement:

Hawaii vs Mainland Super Matches at PAC SUB Tournament June 27th - 29th
Only OTM Hawaii could put together an Event like the PAC SUB. This event is one day Gi, and one day No Gi, and features Hawaii's Best against the Mainland's Best!

The featured superfight is ADCC World Champion Jeff "The Snowman" Monson X Hawaiian Legend Kai "Kaiborg" Garcia.

Other Featured Matches:

Jeff Glover x Ryan Lizares
Simpson Go x Marcelo "Dentinho" Steenhagen
Scott Bieri x Joel Tudor

More Matches to Be Announced

The rest of the matches look good to watch.

Back