JDS: "Werdum clearly ran away"

KSchwarz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
"Werdum clearly ran away from a fight that he himself declared several times to be the fight he wanted the most. But of course, the UFC always matches the fight that is more important for them, so there isn't really much to be done. I think that, no matter the outcome, it will be a good fight to watch, it will also clear some doubts I got in my head. Yes, I believe Werdum has a game that suits better against Cain. I also believe that the altitude could have influenced the fight, but I don't think it was specifically the reason why Velasquez lost. Who watched the fight could see he was very tired, since the first round, which goes against everything we know of Velasquez, right? Against me, for example, he did, for five rounds, the most tiring kind of fight, which is the clinch fight and still had energy after the end." said the fighter, who faced Velasquez three times, winning one and losing two.

"In my opinion, Werdum didn't face the same Velasquez I did. So I wanna see how that fight will be and clear those doubts. Anyway, Velasquez must be craving for that rematch, and Werdum really wanting to retain the belt. In other words: a perfect combination for a great fight."

http://www.lancenet.com.br/minuto/C...um-claramente_0_1422457755.html#ixzz3kQr0FGO1

Why would Werdum duck JDS?

tumblr_lnj01y9Tbh1qcdnsio1_500.gif

Lol at Werdum vs Cain 2 being more important than Werdum vs JDS 2.

Even though they're both the wrong rematches to make(AA vs Werdum 2...), Werdum vs JDS 2 >>> Werdum vs Cain 2

lol at people sleeping on jds

I pick him to beat werdum by KO again. cain is just a really bad match up for him.

jds destroys everyone in heavies besides cain. he's already ko'd cain anyway.

he seemed far from bitter to me.

classy, informed response on JDS' part, IMHO.

JDS should stop bitching and just fucking fight.

He's been as inactive as Cain.

As for the rematch, it's Cain's fault he wasn't prepared. That shouldn't grant an immediate rematch.

So he is basically saying "Werdum ran away...but the UFC does the matchmaking, not much else could be done"

Ok

Cain/Miocic JDS won't knock Werdum out again that's for sure. His striking has improved millions since that fight.

Don't make me turn on your JDS...

It was the same Cain you fought. Werdum STOPPED Cain from doing what he did to you because he actually has a clinch game and a Muay Thai plum.

Every time Cain pushed Werdum into the cage, Werdum grabbed his neck and pulled down. Cain couldn't strike and the only thing he could do is pull away. EVERY TIME Cain tried going for a wall and maul, he got stuck. Meanwhile, against, he let JDS carry his weight and all JDS did was hold on with underhooks.

JDS is certainly more worthy of a title shot over Cain again but he hurt himself by having terrible performances against Cain and showing that he didn't evolve one bit.

That was an honest and thought out response - he didn't disrespect Werdum.

Did people actually read the quotes or just the title?

I wasnt aware JDS was even being considered

Does anyone really think that the Junior who beat Werdum is the same Junior today? The dude has declined DRAMATICALLY.

"In my opinion, Werdum didn't face the same Velasquez I did.

He fought the same Cain you did in the first fight. A Cain coming from a long time without fighting.

I feel bad for JDS. If he wins more two fights they will put him to fight Cain again.

Back