JDS was improved, just not enough

Priceinator

Old Gaming Wizard
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
JDS was a better fighter than his previous bout with Cain.

He showed better TDD, his grappling exchanges with Cain were about even throughout, up until Cain's switch (the choke escape), which caused the KO.

His clinch game needs a major overhaul. I would assume other fighters will look to this fight as a great example of how to stifle JDS.

His striking was still really crisp and powerful. His cardio looked as good as ever and he was much more patient.

I look forward to his return. JDS is a great fighter and always puts on exciting fights. Hope to see him fight the winner (or loser) of Overeem/Brown!

War JDS!

EDIT: silly me! Brown/Overeem fought! Will love to see Overeem fight JDS, then!

Last edited:
Team Nog needs to learn that that hands-down-against-the-cage crap doesn't work. I think Andy makes it look good in training so everyone thinks its viable.

Team Nog needs to learn that that hands-down-against-the-cage crap doesn't work. I think Andy makes it look good in training so everyone thinks its viable.

Didn't another fighter did the same one or two event ago? Can't remember it now.

EDIT:
Fabio Maldonado - Funny as hell when he did it.

1383653_10151941502406276_897376018_n.jpg

only cain has the cardio to continuously hold jds up against the cage for that fence and dispense he does.

Haha yeah, it was cracking me up when Fabio did it. I was kind of hoping he get punch in the face because of that. Something like this.

Haha yeah, it was cracking me up when Fabio did it. I was kind of hoping he get punch in the face because of that. Something like this.

Oh he does get punched in the face. Frequently. Dat chin though...

they need to start using gameplans like AKA or Jackson guys do. it's not 2002 anymore, you can't just go there with the "whatever happens I'm ready for it" shit, you have to train to try to avoid your opponent's strengths and work on your weaknesses. Junior was going backwards and getting trapped against the cage in the second fight too, it happened a bit against slow ass Mark Hunt too so logic said it would happen again against Cain

JDS was a better fighter than his previous bout with Cain.

He showed better TDD, his grappling exchanges with Cain were about even throughout, up until Cain's switch (the choke escape), which caused the KO.

His clinch game needs a major overhaul. I would assume other fighters will look to this fight as a great example of how to stifle JDS.

His striking was still really crisp and powerful. His cardio looked as good as ever and he was much more patient.

I look forward to his return. JDS is a great fighter and always puts on exciting fights. Hope to see him fight the winner (or loser) of Overeem/Brown!

War JDS!

You know that Brown already KO'd Overeem, right?

Are you hinting that you want to finally see JDS vs Overeem? I know I do.

This JDS was better than the last time they fought, for certain. JDS will get better yet.

His boxing was a little more fluid from what I could tell. But for the most part, he was just more fresh for the first few rounds up until he got badly dropped. Then it was just like the second fight.

Keeping your hands down means you have better TDD.
That's why they do it.

You know that Brown already KO'd Overeem, right?

Are you hinting that you want to finally see JDS vs Overeem? I know I do.

This JDS was better than the last time they fought, for certain. JDS will get better yet.

Silly me! Made an edit

thanks!

..., you have to train to try to avoid your opponent's strengths and work on your weaknesses. Junior was going backwards and getting trapped against the cage in the second fight too, it happened a bit against slow ass Mark Hunt too so logic said it would happen again against Cain

This. When Junior said in a pre-fight interview something along the lines of 'I'm not thinking of what he (Cain) is going to do, I'm thinking of what I'm going to do', my heart sank. He obviously had the mindset that he didn't have to do anything different, he just had to do what he always did better.

I seen no improvements. He just got hurt earlier in the fight the first time. Other than that the fights were pretty similar

I seen no improvements. He just got hurt earlier in the fight the first time. Other than that the fights were pretty similar

You were pretty drunk by the time the main event started, weren't ya.

Back