JDS was improved, just not enough

He was improved, but his gameplan wasn't. Cain stuck with the same strategy and junior had no answer. Now junior will run rampant in the division, while Cain stacks up title defenses. He will need a lot of KOs to get another title shot, and he is going to either crush some mid level fighters or be a contender killer.

He improved at a bunch of stuff that he wasn't going to catch up to Cain on.

His better bet would have been to work hard on thai striking from the clinch and being more aggressive. He hardly ever threw knees, and they were there for him.

It seemed to me like he became humbled during preparation for this fight and realized all the stuff he needed to work on; he realized that handspeed/power/boxing would eventually reach limits (although he got pretty damn far with it).

Actually I think if JDS started out using those slashing short elbows from the beginning he might have had a chance. He didn't start using them until the 4th rnd when out of desperation he accidently applied them, connected some, cut Cain's nose bridge, then a light bulb went on, and he kept up with them,,, but a little too late however.

He needs to go back and learn from a MuayThai master on using the short elbow (timing, technique, and in what situation) so he can attack Cain when he's being smothered. Just using punches won't work as Cain won't give him the space needed to do so.

1383653_10151941502406276_897376018_n.jpg

Damn. His wife is hot

I was wrong, cain won and is the best HW right now..but jds is #2 and i dont see neither of these guys losing except to eachother, i would like to see jds switch camps or trin others tools in his game..the PURE class and respect from dos santos he showed was incredible, a truly great human being WAR CIGANO!

I just didn't understand JDS's gameplan of backing yourself into a cage.

You were pretty drunk by the time the main event started, weren't ya.

The fights weren't similar? I'm petty sure I seen a one sided beat down both fights. Jds looked exactly the same.

Seems like there is a blueprint for jds now. Pressure, wrestling, and clinch against the cage

Team Nog needs to learn that that hands-down-against-the-cage crap doesn't work. I think Andy makes it look good in training so everyone thinks its viable.

4.gif

His best moments with it.

Back