JDS Lab Tests

Bicster

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was one of the first here to point out the difference between Creatine levels and Creatinine levels with regards to JDS's post fight remarks. Upon actually reading his quote, it looks like I jumped the gun and what he states is more in line with elevated CREATINE levels.

I originally thought everyone was wrong as Creatine levels are NEVER checked during a normal lab workup, there has to be a specific reason to do so. Creatinine is routinely checked however, as part of a comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP), which any physician would order, along with a CBC.

Outside of abnormally high meat eating, TRT is a main culprit for elevated Creatine levels.

Does anyone know if JDS is a recipient of TRT?

I suspect he was high on creatine kinase and just thought it was creatine (didn't know the difference).
That would be an indication of overtraining.

Or maybe taking creatine supplements. These are pretty popular and legal AFAIK

That would have to be a ridiculous amount of supplements, taken within an hour of the lab test, with no functioning liver or kidneys to filter out the waste.

Won't they release TRT exemptions along with other drugs tests? Be hilarious if he was on it after all that Overeem shit talk. I also wanna know the PPV numbers for this card which I haven't seen yet.

That would have to be a ridiculous amount of supplements, taken within an hour of the lab test, with no functioning liver or kidneys to filter out the waste.

Taking TRT will elevate the creatine levels, but you'd have to take insane amounts of creatine with a crappy liver or kidneys to reach those same levels?

I'm not questioning it since I do not know much about the subject, but can you explain this a little more?

You can buy that crap in any pharmacy/GNC etc in the states. I thought it was broken down and passed out of you system in a few hours though.

Taking TRT will elevate the creatine levels, but you'd have to take insane amounts of creatine with a crappy liver or kidneys to reach those same levels?

I'm not questioning it since I do not know much about the subject, but can you explain this a little more?

i dont have time to explain the trt connection right now, im sure it can be googled. as far as the supplementing, your body can only absorb so much exogenous creatine at once, it will use some, store a little, and get rid of the rest. you cannot supplement creatine to get that high of a level, especially after strenuous exercise (a 25m fight for example)

You can buy that crap in any pharmacy/GNC etc in the states. I thought it was broken down and passed out of you system in a few hours though.

It's stored in the muscles and converted into ATP-PC upon demand.

He meant creatinine.

No Junior is not on TRT. We would know if he was, after being vocal about Overeem.

Meh I also think it was creatinine JDS isn't a med student and probably messed up the names.
And yes they are basically the same in portuguese
Creatinina= Creatinine
Creatina=Creatine

Meh I also think it was creatinine JDS isn't a med student and probably messed up the names.
And yes they are basically the same in portuguese
Creatinina= Creatinine
Creatina=Creatine

very interesting, thanks for that.

im a board certified physician asking a legitimate question based off of human physiology and reported findings, i can provide credentials if need be.

Are you a GP, hematologist or endocrinologist?

It's cool to see a board certified physician on Sherdog - on the Heavies, no less

Back