JDS: I will KO Cain in the 2nd or 3rd

MMAfanWA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Junior Dos Santos (15-1) has predicted a second or third round knock out victory over Cain Velasquez (10-1) next week at UFC 155. The UFC heavyweight champion ended their first fight in just over a minute last year. You can bet he's expecting a much sterner test in the rematch. See the video here.

“Cain Velasquez presents a lot of challenges. His cardio is the best cardio in the heavyweight division … I think the best is his wrestling skills and his ground and pound … I really think I’m going to knock him out again. It’s going to be a little longer, maybe the second or third round, but I think I’m going to knock him out again … My dream was to become the champion, the HW champion, and now my dream is to break records. I want to break all the records that I can.”​

From MMA Lives Here

Sure hope so. Will for sure be a tougher task this time.

I think that if Cain manages to reach the 3rd round of this fight without being too much damaged, his chances will begin to increase.

Cain's cardio >>> JDS' cardio.

Junior should really finish Cain within the first 2 rounds. Do not play with him like you played with Mir!!

Cains cardio is like unicorns.

And JDS always predicts KO rd 2.

JDS is always patient, rushing only if his opponent shows a weaknesses.

He will eventually connect his fist to Cain's jaw.

I think he will trash cain in the 1st. cain's over rated. he beat a wwf wrassler to win his title. Don't count for much because brock was never any good.

It could happen no doubt. I will be rooting for Cain but realize JDS has that ability to put a guy out at any given time. I will be happy for a good competitive fight no matter who wins.

Wow, I have nothing against the man but this must be the first time that I see JDS actually considering Cain. Usually, you'd think that the next challenger to the title is Overeem since he's always talking about him.

I think he hurts Cain in the first and finishes him in the second.

both men are beasts but i still think JDS will put cain away on 1st to 2nd round

This is a very hard situations because both guys are great fighter, humble and very likable. I can't root for anyone. They are top No.1 and no.2 right now no doubt.
I hope the best will win:)

This is one of the more interesting rematches in a while because even if JDS had a very impressive win in the first fight there are so many factors than can go differently this time around.

I want to see what happens if Cain puts a lot of pressure on JDS with his wrestling, trying to get some GnP going and to tire him out. I think this fight will answer more questions.

So he's going to allow Cain to make it to the second round? How generous.

I think he will trash cain in the 1st. cain's over rated. he beat a wwf wrassler to win his title. Don't count for much because brock was never any good.

This post has some validity. What people forget when talking about fighters like Frank Mir, Randy Couture, etc., is these guys get a great deal of credit for beating UFC flashes in pans. Remember when Brock Lesnar was "UFC HW CHAMPION" and considered the best in the world for beating.. Frank Mir and Randy Couture basically (and Carwin, but look at where those 3 guys are now).

This will be more competitive than the last encounter but you still have to say JDS takes this by T/KO in the early rounds. His hands are just too god-dayum crisp.

i think cain has this one. setting up ANOTHER rematch and prolonging overeem's title shot.

This post has some validity. What people forget when talking about fighters like Frank Mir, Randy Couture, etc., is these guys get a great deal of credit for beating UFC flashes in pans. Remember when Brock Lesnar was "UFC HW CHAMPION" and considered the best in the world for beating.. Frank Mir and Randy Couture basically (and Carwin, but look at where those 3 guys are now).
You just quoted a troll that posts things like that GSP and Jones aren't anything special.

Cain hasn't faced worse opponents than JDS. Out of the three guys you say are nothing now JDS has fought two, one being was his last title defense. So yes, if we look where Mir is he just came off fighting for the title. And all fighters have lots of wins that aren't as relevant anymore. If we look at JDS and take away Cain, only Werdum is still a top guy (and he's become better since he was dropped by the UFC).

And few actually considered Lesnar to be the best in the world. Rankings don't say who has the best skills, only who has the best recent accomplishments within the context of those rankings.

JDS is of course the favorite but Cain brings some interesting things to the table that we didn't get any answers to in the last fight.

Back