JDS got his black belt

Nice. But i dont see him submitting velasquez. I don't see how he's gonna deal with cain's wrestling and ground and pound. No one can survive when he is on top raining his fists of granite down on you.

Till the cut bleed enough to blind him, Cain did very little to Big Foot.

If his GnP is his key to victory, JDS got this easily.

And it isn't hard for Cain (or anyone with decent ground n pound) to land an elbow to the forehead and open up a good size cut. I think Cain's grappling as a whole will be used to defeat JDS. His takedowns are good and his GnP is solid. If he can't finish him, he can atleast win a decision. And if it plays out with Cain on top for 4 rounds, in the 5th a bloodied, beaten, and bruised JDS will have a hard time stopping a submission from Cain if his GnP isn't already enough.

Nice. But i dont see him submitting velasquez. I don't see how he's gonna deal with cain's wrestling and ground and pound. No one can survive when he is on top raining his fists of granite down on you.

fists of granite? don't get me wrong Cain is a beast and a cardio machine but when i think of brutal GNP he isn't exactly one one of the first three fighters i think of.

fists of granite? don't get me wrong Cain is a beast and a cardio machine but when i think of brutal GNP he isn't exactly one one of the first three fighters i think of.

Maybe the fists of granite wasn't the right description, but his elbows, fast pace, and top control (he doesn't let many people back up from under him) are all factors that set him up for brutal ground and pound. A slicing elbow will make the opponent bleed (hard to see), fast pace will tire them out after a while, and top control will keep cain in the same position. Eventually this is too much for the opponent. His fists aren't that heavy it was more the other things.

Maybe the fists of granite wasn't the right description, but his elbows, fast pace, and top control (he doesn't let many people back up from under him) are all factors that set him up for brutal ground and pound. A slicing elbow will make the opponent bleed (hard to see), fast pace will tire them out after a while, and top control will keep cain in the same position. Eventually this is too much for the opponent. His fists aren't that heavy it was more the other things.

Yeah, i can concur, though i'm rooting for JDS, My main qualm is that all the fights that i've watched him in he's been pretty dominant from start to finish. I want to know how he reacts to being put on his back or being rocked (though that says more about his chin than the former). I've seen Cain placed in sticky situations and come back to pummel dudes. I respect both these fighters, JDS for his superior athleticism and Cain for his work ethic.

Yeah, i can concur, though i'm rooting for JDS, My main qualm is that all the fights that i've watched him in he's been pretty dominant from start to finish. I want to know how he reacts to being put on his back or being rocked (though that says more about his chin than the former). I've seen Cain placed in sticky situations and come back to pummel dudes.

Watch his fight with Kongo.

As someone whose been critical of JDS's grappling credentials in the past, I guess he deserves the bb in his own right.

Based on merit, being UFC HW champ is a pretty good one.

Honorary bb in my book.

-_-

ok, will do. who do you take JDS or Cain?

Very tough to pick for sure but I think people are waging to much on one looping punch that landed on the back of Cains head/ear.

It wasn't long ago that JDS couldn't put Big Country or Carwin the robot boxer away, add to that the fact that JDS tired and slowed pretty significantly in both those fights in the third round even though he was dictating the pace 100%. With that in mind I think Cain has a great chance at finishing JDS late.

All this talk of JDS's great ground game, yet none of us has seen a second of it.:icon_surp

And it isn't hard for Cain (or anyone with decent ground n pound) to land an elbow to the forehead and open up a good size cut. I think Cain's grappling as a whole will be used to defeat JDS. His takedowns are good and his GnP is solid. If he can't finish him, he can atleast win a decision. And if it plays out with Cain on top for 4 rounds, in the 5th a bloodied, beaten, and bruised JDS will have a hard time stopping a submission from Cain if his GnP isn't already enough.

Watch the fight and see how long it took to land that cut, and how little he actually landed till he was basically blinded, also that cut was a crazy bleeder which is not the norm.

Honestly I don;t think that fight told us anymore about bigfoot than the Browne fight (knee injury in fight).

I am a big JDS fan, and I have always been worried about Cain as I think he is clearly the no2 in the division and by no small measure. But after the Big foot fight I was no doubts about it more confident JDS would win.

Then I come on Sherdog and hear Cain fans talking about great he did, and if that is great fight by Cain then JDS got this easily, so again my confidence in JDS soared.

I personally would be stunned if Cain himself thought he did well that fight.
(but the ankle pick was very nice).

i'll have to rewatch the fight. i remember cain just beating the living shit out of antonio.

JDS will win this because he will keep the distance with his jab and hit cain with those brick fists of his. dos santos has enough accuracy to eventually hit you. and when he hits you, you're done.

i'll have to rewatch the fight. i remember cain just beating the living shit out of antonio.

JDS will win this because he will keep the distance with his jab and hit cain with those brick fists of his. dos santos has enough accuracy to eventually hit you. and when he hits you, you're done.

Oh he beat the shit out of him alright BUT only after big foot couldn't see, in fact it was arguable that the ref could have stopped the fight (or Dr check) due to the cut before he landed heavy shots.

Watch the fight and see how long it took to land that cut, and how little he actually landed till he was basically blinded, also that cut was a crazy bleeder which is not the norm.

Honestly I don;t think that fight told us anymore about bigfoot than the Browne fight (knee injury in fight).

I am a big JDS fan, and I have always been worried about Cain as I think he is clearly the no2 in the division and by no small measure. But after the Big foot fight I was no doubts about it more confident JDS would win.

Then I come on Sherdog and hear Cain fans talking about great he did, and if that is great fight by Cain then JDS got this easily, so again my confidence in JDS soared.

I personally would be stunned if Cain himself thought he did well that fight.
(but the ankle pick was very nice).

You might be in the major minority here, not many people see a total mauling of a top 10 HW like that as anything but impressive.

You might be in the major minority here, not many people see a total mauling of a top 10 HW like that as anything but impressive.

Watch the fight again,
tell me how many shots he lands before the cut,
how many shots right after the cut,
and then how many once he basically couldn't see.

Id say 90% of significant strikes fall into the third category, please watch it again and tell me I am wrong.

Watch the fight again,
tell me how many shots he lands before the cut,
how many shots right after the cut,
and then how many once he basically couldn't see.

Id say 90% of significant strikes fall into the third category, please watch it again and tell me I am wrong.

That all may be, but you are infact wrong and Damn near most everyone thought it was an impressive victory for sure.:icon_neut

That all may be, but you are infact wrong and Damn near most everyone thought it was an impressive victory for sure.:icon_neut

So you don't know, you haven't checked, you admit I could be right but infact I am wrong.

To that I say,
What is meth actually like?

This is one time I am more than happy to side apart from the majority, and it being the sherdog majority well thats almost a badge of pride.

Back