JDS got his black belt

Yeah he got it at least a week ago.

You been hibernating, TS?

Yeah he got it at least a week ago.

You been hibernating, TS?

nah been busy with work and BJJ, family and whatnot , just saw it on the UFC discussion ....thread delete in order !

muahaha

nah been busy with work and BJJ, family and whatnot , just saw it on the UFC discussion ....thread delete in order !

muahaha

What's wrong with you?!?! Why aren't you on Sherdog for 10 hours a day?!?!

Like it was any kind of shock he is no longer a brown belt, Junior Dos Santos got his black belt , IMO a long time coming.

It's just too bad he is so damn good with his hands we hardly ever see him on the ground .

Would be cool if he competed in BJJ tourneys

http://www.jiujitsusweep.com/articles/junior-dos-santos-receives-black-belt-brazilian-jiu-jitsu/

You have most likely never seen him
Compete or even wear a Gi, and have rarely seen him on the ground in an MMA fight yet you are Shocked he didn't get it earlier?:icon_neut

Somewhat interesting he is getting awarded his BB just an pulls weeks before the biggest Ruhr of his career.

Last edited:
You have most likely never seen him
Compete or even wear a Gi, and have rarely seen him on the ground in an MMA fight yet you are Shocked he didn't get it earlier?:icon_neut

Where did he say he was shocked he didn't get it earlier? He said he wasn't shocked he was no longer a brown belt and it was a long time coming in his opinion... Not really the same thing.

Not really the same thing.

I'm pretty sure I read that the right way, that thread starter was Shocked JDS was still
A brown belt and that he would of thought he should of been awarded
His BB already......... But maybe not, maybe I read that wrong.:wink:

Where did he say he was shocked he didn't get it earlier? He said he wasn't shocked he was no longer a brown belt and it was a long time coming in his opinion... Not really the same thing.

ya pretty much this

not even shocked he got his BB, it seemed he was in the game for so long , he was already considered a black belt...

to keep someone at brown belt who has black belt abilities is just wrong, but to each their own

I figured it was a while ago as I saw that picture of him and most of the other UFC champs wearing their Gis and Black belts.

Speaking of black belts, anyone know which one Romulo wears? It's pretty sick

Got the picture?

Can't find it, surely someone remembers a place to find it.

But I did find this,

08dez2012-junior-cigano-recebe-sua-faixa-preta-em-jiu-jitsu-antes-de-enfrentar-velasquez-no-ufc-155-1354977259258_300x300.jpg

Nice. But i dont see him submitting velasquez. I don't see how he's gonna deal with cain's wrestling and ground and pound. No one can survive when he is on top raining his fists of granite down on you.

to keep someone at brown belt who has black belt abilities is just wrong, but to each their own

I guess I'm just curious as to why you thought he was past Brown belt level, why you thought he was already at BB level? Time in the game?

Back