JDS did not gas after the first round

Of course. He got smashed in the jaw and "suddenly gassed". Ever fighter should be able to maintain peak cardio and composure, even after taking a power bomb from Cain Velasquez.

Exactly.

I made a thread there about Rogan mixing up being gassed and being beat up. I think he was massively guilty of that in this fight.

Junior was on queer street for 10 solid minutes, and did very well to survive to be honest.

Exactly.

I made a thread there about Rogan mixing up being gassed and being beat up. I think he was massively guilty of that in this fight.

Junior was on queer street for 10 solid minutes, and did very well to survive to be honest.

To fair I kind of remember Rogan saying similar to that towards the end of the fight but then again it was a long night lol I will rewatch soon

He gassed way before Cain landed that punch.

Why are you all trying to make out as though this didn't happen. There if video evidence lol.

He gassed way before Cain landed that punch.

Why are you all trying to make out as though this didn't happen. There if video evidence lol.

If JDS gassed out in the first minute of the fight, then Cains wrestling must be terrible considering a completely gassed JDS routinely got right back up from his takedowns.

I think we all know this isnt true. JDS was badly hurt from the big punch, but even before that Cain's jab was landing at will and throwing him off. JDS did not gas in the first minute thats just foolish.

Ok I keep reading this but when did cain ever give JDS a chance to catch his breath??? Even after cain got tired when did he stop pushing the pace?

He wasn't able to take him down, latch on to a leg or keep him down half as often, which limited the ground and pound and energy spent defending and getting back on the feet.

It's not a case of JDS drinking a can of red bull in round 4 and being 100% again, it's just that Cain slowed enough to let him establish a little offence and defend more successfully. Cain was still the busier and more effective fighter even after he was blowing too.

Back