JDS calls for immediate rematch with Cain Velasquez, guarantee's victory

No, I don't consider GSP and Serra equals, but you were comparing Cain to GSP and JDS to Serra, which is one of the most ridiculous comparisons I've ever heard.

If JDS falls into obscurity like Serra did, and Cain defends his belt several times like GSP did, then you can make those comparisons and say that they are not equals. Until then accept the fact they are closely matched and neither is clearly better than the other.

No. Stop avoiding my question. Your argument is that 1-1 = equal fighters. Am I right or am I wrong that you argued that?

So again. Why do you think GSP and Matt Serra are equal fighters? You can either answer that or you can admit that your hypocritical argument is bullshit and 1-1 does not necessarily mean two fighters are on equal footing. Your call. Now go.

No. Stop avoiding my question. Your argument is that 1-1 = equal fighters. Am I right or am I wrong that you argued that?

So again. Why do you think GSP and Matt Serra are equal fighters? You can either answer that or you can admit that your hypocritical argument is bullshit and 1-1 does not necessarily mean two fighters are on equal footing. Your call. Now go.

You are wrong, I already said (twice) GSP and Serra are not equals. The reason that I think this is because GSP has kept the belt and Serra hasn't really done anything since losing it.

Cain just got the belt Saturday, if he defends it multiple times and JDS goes on a losing streak, never earning another title shot, then Cain will prove to be the better fighter. I really don't know how to make it any clearer than that.

what is he saying he just got caught? for all 5 rounds?

Lol. WRONG.

Cain was slow and stayed on the outside during the first fight. Very out of character for him. Only a blind and delusional retard could overlook that. But in your defense you probably just can't see because of all the tears.

Is that defintive evidense he was "badly injuried"? to me it looks like Cain showed JDS too much respect in the first match which ultimately played into Jnr's game.

To be honiest I think GSP's Serra loss is written off as a "fluke" far too much aswell, the reality is that Geroge came in with a bad gameplan and looked to exchange with someone who had the edge in power and chin.

The differences are that JDS is clearly more established and I'd say that the second fight was less defintive. We saw that a GSP who takes Serra down wins very easily and there was no need to see it again, we saw Cain get the best of JDS but in IMHO a more competitive match.

Not that I want to see an instant rematch but if Jnr can win 1-2 fights I think its worth having.

You are wrong, I alreayd said (twice) GSP and Serra are not equals. The reason that I think this is because GSP has kept the belt and Serra hasn't really done anything since losing it.

Cain just got the belt Saturday, if he defends it multiple times and JDS goes on a losing streak, never earning another title shot, then Cain will prove to be the better fighter. I really don't know how to make it any clearer than that.

So 1-1 doesn't necessarily mean the two guys are equal then, right? Like one guy catches another with an early KO, but then the guy that got caught comes back and utterly tools the guy that got lucky the first time, chances are the winner of the rematch is the better fighter. Correct? Or are we in for some more bullshit?

Is that defintive evidense he was "badly injuried"? to me it looks like Cain showed JDS too much respect in the first match which ultimately played into Jnr's game.

It is possible that Cain was just showing JDS too much respect the first time. I don't really believe it though because Cain's a monster and proved the other night that he is out of JDS' league. The difference between his performance the first time and his performance the second leads me to believe that something was definitely wrong with Cain the first time.

So 1-1 doesn't necessarily mean the two guys are equal then, right? Like one guy catches another with an early KO, but then the guy that got caught comes back and utterly tools the guy that got lucky the first time, chances are the winner of the rematch is the better fighter. Correct? Or are we in for some more bullshit?

No 1-1 doesn't necessarily mean that two fighters are equal, but that's only if one of the fighters goes on to dominate a divison while the other is never heard from again. Those facts don't apply to Cain and JDS, so stop pretending like it's a good comparison. You're making yourself look ridiculous.

Cain hasn't proven that he's better than Junior, he did prove that he can beat him though, just like JDS proved that he can win in the first fight. The first fight wasn't a matter of Cain "just getting caught" either, it was Junior exploiting a hole in Cain's defense. He was better than him that night, evidenced by the fact that Cain didn't even make it 2 minutes.

No 1-1 doesn't necessarily mean that two fighters are equal, but that's only if one of the fighters goes on to dominate a divison while the other is never heard from again. Those facts don't apply to Cain and JDS, so stop pretending like it's a good comparison. You're making yourself look ridiculous.

Cain hasn't proven that he's better than Junior, he did prove that he can beat him though, just like JDS proved that he can win in the first fight. The first fight wasn't a matter of Cain "just getting caught" either, it was Junior exploiting a hole in Cain's defense. He was better than him that night, evidenced by the fact that Cain didn't even make it 2 minutes.

Oh ok. More bullshit then.

Cain DEFINITELY proved that he's the better fighter. I wish the rubber match would hurry up and get here so we can put this argument to rest.

Oh ok. More bullshit then.

Cain DEFINITELY proved that he's the better fighter. I wish the rubber match would hurry up and get here so we can put this argument to rest.

I'll give you more time to think of a counterargument if you need it.

markhammer argues like a 12 year old desperate to prove his point, double posting and all.

It is possible that Cain was just showing JDS too much respect the first time. I don't really believe it though because Cain's a monster and proved the other night that he is out of JDS' league. The difference between his performance the first time and his performance the second leads me to believe that something was definitely wrong with Cain the first time.

JDS was a level above anyone Cain had fought before in terms of history of hurting opponants standing and I wouldnt say Cain's "never" shown respect, he started slower vs Nog and Rothwell aswell.

Cain fighting differently in the second match is surely to be expected, the first match showed him he'd come in with the wrong gameplan.

To me the story of these fights is that JDS exposed a weakness of Cain's in the first and Cain exposed a weakness of JDS in the second. I don't think that was a kickboxing or wrestling masterclass we saw, it was good pressure sure but the openings to land counters were there and JDS didnt take them(his lack of a good powerful straight being a big issue IMHO) before slowing down 3 mins into the fight.

As far as the 3rd goes I'd agree its harder to see what Jnr can do differently stylistically but in terms of cardio I think theres clear room for improvement, perhaps there is mentally aswell as this was the first time he's been tested in along time.

Back