News JDS and Overeem Released From UFC

Finally, lets hope they dont go to the next promotion looking for more CTE, Overeem isnt exactly on a losing streak, but he looked way worst in his last fight and is picking up TKO's stoppages left and right, the man cant make it to the final bell.

Personally the JDS cut is more shocking to me, even though logically it makes sense; that said, Reem being cut makes absolutely no sense.
other than the insane amount of money overeem's contract is probably still demanding. I'm guessing he probably wasn't willing to take less

Good. It was getting embarrassing for the UFC to continue to roll out washed up legends to feed their talentless new HW roster.

Good riddance

l@nd0

PFL looking kinda interesting this season too...

upload_2021-3-2_12-31-56-png.837371

upload_2021-3-2_12-32-15-png.837372

g6_RoA.gif
36997805e94cf133132e69683906d3e3.gif
Yeah definitely! I’ve been really shitty about following PFL, but I’m going to make more of an effort. I used to watch so many different promotions, and now I’ve gotten lazy. I need to stop being a casual and get back to it.

other than the insane amount of money overeem's contract is probably still demanding. I'm guessing he probably wasn't willing to take less
Was his contract up?

I guess Derrick won't be fighting Overeem lol.
First thing I thought of too. Calling out a washed Overeem when you’re #2 in the division was already Conor-Diego levels of bad, but looks even worse now. Can’t imagine they’ll give him Jones, so Lewis-Gane is looking pretty logical with Overeem out of the picture.

I’m a fan of both guys but this decision makes perfect sense. JDS can’t compete with the top guys, and Overeem looked like he didn’t even want to be in the cage last time out.

Wow...

I know they’re way past their ‘best buy’ dates, but it’s still surprising to see them gone.

Its was just a matter of time, but i still think reem would have bested jones.

Bellator could benefit greatly from all this cutting

Not sure how many fights they have left on their deals? Reem always made a lot of money in the UFC.. Def feels financially driven not wanting both of them to fight out of their deals.. UFC be UFC with that BS..
Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. If they do this to someone who’s truly one of my favorites like Poirer or aldo I’m rioting in the streets

People race to make a thread so they can get the e cred. Then when it’s a poorly put together thread they get all sensitive because they wanted to be the guy to “break” the story. Oh well.

Anyways. This is sad. JDS and overeem were still putting on good fights as far as I’m concerned

Yeah I don't understand the "well they were getting paid big just to lose" take. They're still big names, the UFC pays according to it's own perception of what the fighter brings to the table which they still do regardless of the fight outcome and they don't have to pay a win bonus when they lose. It's win/win for them eh?

Definitely budget cuts

JDS makes sense. 4 KO losses in a row.
Overeem shouldn't have been cut though. That was purely a budget measure

End of an era. 10 years ago, the two of them + Brock, Carwin, and Cain were the top names at HW.

Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. If they do this to someone who’s truly one of my favorites like Poirer or aldo I’m rioting in the streets
They'd do this to Dustin in a second. He is a having a HOF Career,

much to the dismay of Uncle Dana..

Yeah I don't understand the "well they were getting paid big just to lose" take. They're still big names, the UFC pays according to it's own perception of what the fighter brings to the table which they still do regardless of the fight outcome and they don't have to pay a win bonus when they lose. It's win/win for them eh?
In the case of overeem, I think the trouble is that he actually still wins a lot. Isn’t he 4-2 in his last 6? That’s 4 big win bonuses. And he’s killing all their prospects. I get it, I just wish it wasn’t happening

I’m more than happy to pay $5 a month or whatever for multiple cards a month. At that point I’d rather just pay the money to get a good, high quality, uninterrupted night of fights. Plus I don’t mind supporting orgs.
Oh I thought you meant you buying it with cable on TV lol.

Back