News JDS and Overeem Released From UFC

Good. JDS is shot, time to hang them up.

His rise to the title was epic destruction, but now he’s cannon fodder.

I actually thought Reem might still have a fight or two left in him.

Junior is done and I think Reem should be too but I think think he has slightly more left in the tank than Junior who's chin is just gone.

People race to make a thread so they can get the e cred. Then when it’s a poorly put together thread they get all sensitive because they wanted to be the guy to “break” the story. Oh well.

Anyways. This is sad. JDS and overeem were still putting on good fights as far as I’m concerned
It is sad, especially for Overeem—although I don’t think he was realistically going to win the title. With this supposed “new direction” Bellator is going in, I wonder if they’ll be interested in signing them or not. I’d obviously love to see Fedor fight either one of them.

Bellator won't sign JDS 100%

They cut Mir, Roy and others also.

But they might sign Overeem to fight Fedor

It is sad, especially for Overeem—although I don’t think he was realistically going to win the title. With this supposed “new direction” Bellator is going in, I wonder if they’ll be interested in signing them or not. I’d obviously love to see Fedor fight either one of them.
UFC better be careful. I haven’t watched bellator in ages and I’m already planning on buying showtime and tuning in for the lhw tourney. Now if they had jds and reem? I’m watching weekly

Dana's Wall of "The Vanished" claims two more victims!

PPAibse.gif

2 Legends of the sport, but makes sense with the recent trend of the UFC cutting expensive aging veterans.

Ahh shit. Farewell Cigano & Demolition man. Fun it go over to Bellator or One

2 Legends of the sport, but makes sense with the recent trend of the UFC cutting expensive veterans

Keep in mind, we don't know the details. Overeem may have asked for a release if the UFC wasn't willing to pay him the type of money he's interested in.

Reem still has name value and can headline a few big paydays. If the UFC wanted to bring his contract back down to bargain territory, Overeem would possibly prefer a full release and head out.

In any event JDS most certainly does not belong in the UFC anymore and has taken far too much brain damage in the big leagues. I'd like to see him retire to preserve his health, but in this case he'll surely have a substantial step down in competition elsewhere.

UFC better be careful. I haven’t watched bellator in ages and I’m already planning on buying showtime and tuning in for the lhw tourney. Now if they had jds and reem? I’m watching weekly
Can't you just buy it online? It's not streamable?

Shit man. I can kind of understand, I’m not outraged but sorry to see two legends go.

Why is Jessica eye still employed by the UFC? If they can cut ranked fighters coming off a loss then they can cut Eye.

Yeah, theyre old, and past it, but theyre still like 2 of the biggest HW stars and nearer to the top. Puzzling move from a fan perspective but these big boys earn a fuck ton, and dont perform.

I just wish they got to do it on their own terms and lay the gloves down in the octagon. Not told to get the fuck out and best wishes at bkfc or bellator.

They (the ufc) robbed two legends of a special moment, and they robbed the fans of that too.

Not sure how many fights they have left on their deals? Reem always made a lot of money in the UFC.. Def feels financially driven not wanting both of them to fight out of their deals.. UFC be UFC with that BS..

Back