Jay-Z Attacked by Beyonce's Sister in an Elevator

Nah, at least Magna Carta has some damn good beats. Some epic level production on that shit. Jay just shits on them with his 1-percenter rap.

I remember being so hyped for it and just being disappointed with Hov's lyrics.

I loved Documentary, but it doesn't hold up as well through time. His writing on Doctor's advocate was up and down. I'm just glad we're over that era of people pretending he was one of the greatest just because he said "Fuck 50"

"The Massacre" was such an underrated album production wise that got buried under all of that stupid drama. That may be top to bottom one of the best-produced albums
The Massacre is a classic.

You fucked with LAX Or Jesus Piece?

If BP2 was one disc, it had the potential to be great. There are some really good songs on there. It features the worst shit Jay/Timb have ever done together though. 'The Bounce' is a fucking joke, lol.

I'm so glad we're over that double album era in hip hop.
That's one thing the "Indie" scene doesn't get enough credit for; making a good 40 minute album and throwing extra shit on ep's

If BP2 was one disc, it had the potential to be great. There are some really good songs on there. It features the worst shit Jay/Timb have ever done together though. 'The Bounce' is a fucking joke, lol.

The Bounce infuriates me

The Massacre is a classic.

You fucked with LAX Or Jesus Piece?

200x400px-LL-40e1dda3_image.jpeg

It's all matter of perception really. One day you'll get old and jaded just like the rest of us.

I'm young and already jaded, homebwoi, i'm just telling you that your perception of Jay isn't really an accurate one.

Jay's a rough subject for me because I hate half of his work and hold the other half in very high esteem. He's as hit or miss with me as possible, but when he's on, he's on.

He's like a really good painter that does caricatures at a mall, but every couple of years or so paints a masterpiece of a mural.

It's worth noting that Jay-Z has been depressingly mediocre for the last five or so years

That's true, but 50's problem is, he's no longer the underdog. He's a bully and people hate bullies. Atop of that, he wasn't passionate about music anymore. If he approached music like he did businesses he'd still be making good shit. 50 hasn't made a good album since the Massacre. Curtis and BFISD are horrid records.

That's true, but 50's problem is, he's no longer the underdog. He's a bully and people hate bullies. Atop of that, he wasn't passionate about music anymore. If he approached music like he did businesses he'd still be making good shit. 50 hasn't made a good album since the Massacre. Curtis and BFISD are horrid records.

perfect explanation of why people hated him out of thin air after that Game shit.

If you go point by point, Game's side of things made no sense and 50 was being sensible. But hate it or love, the underdog's on top.

It's worth noting that Jay-Z has been depressingly mediocre for the last five or so years

He's been predictably mediocre. He's only good when he's got something that interests him so he can't mail it in. That's why American Gangster was so good. It had an accompanying film and an entire theme he had to stick to.

Jay-Z still thinks Kingdom Come is his worst album, I liked songs on there better than his last two solo albums.

He's been predictably mediocre. He's only good when he's got something that interests him so he can't mail it in. That's why American Gangster was so good. It had an accompanying film and an entire theme he had to stick to.

and he didn't need no hook on dat shiiiiiiiiiiitttt

Back