Media Javier Mendez: DC retirement plans postponed, plans to fight 2-3 more times

I knew he wouldn't.. He has a few fights at hw that need to be made

If Jones moves up he knows he will be forced to fight more than one fight at hw. He is not moving up to fight Dc only. He will never agree on that , Id bet the house on it. So imo he wont move up for the next few years.

Blades, Ngannou, Stipe, Reem, Black Beast and other hw’s wont be afraid of that reach and those pillow fists. He is getting punched in the face like never before if he moves up.

That said, he beats Hw DC.
Right

Good, never wanna see DC attempt 205 again either

If Jones wants some he can go up

Won't believe anything until DC says it himself but that would be good news.

Even DC saying it himself isn't iron-clad confirmation. He could well change his mind again, again.

I hope he's not screwing up. Father Time is ultimately undefeated.

Like to watch him fight so good for me, lol, but considering the options outside of Brock at HW it's not a smart move legacy or health wise. Only a win over Jones at HW would mean something, other fights are risks without much gain.

Just like rogan retiring.why is it they announce it to the world like that....hey everybody!!! im retiring!!! sounds dumb.

My take is that he is waiting for that Brock fight. It may or may not happen. So in the meantime he'd fight others and wait for it or still make something with other fights in case it never happens.

yes
tainted wins, that most do not see as legit

A lot of people think Gus beat him. And I’m not sure how accurate your “most” claim is. But even if most people do, at the end of the day his record shows WINS.

I’m not salty like a lot of sherdoggers and glance past the asterisks.

good news

Jones wants another fight, he can move up

Cormier owes him nothing

Jones already destroyed him twice and he's the A-side. He doesn't really need to destroy Cormier again and it's not really that much of an interesting option.

He should've retired tbh. Maybe the brock fight to make bank but 2-3 fights? Jones , stipe rematches? He's got nothing to gain.

Except a few million dollars. You gotta make bank while you can.

Staying at HW is the right move. 2 or 3 more defenses then retire sounds just fine

Imo, he should just fight brock and retire. He has nothing to gain against other HW/LHW fighters except Jones, but Jon has his number. It Would not be a nice way to go out with a Loss to Jon.

However, I want Jon -DC 3. Awesome fight, just not a smart fight for DC.

Back