News Jason Knight released

Not surprising given his skid. Really seems like he lost something after the Lamas fight. Hopefully he can get his confidence back outside the UFC.

He will be scooped up quickly. Whoever gets him is going to get an all action-fighter. He will be a fan favorite in whichever organization he joins.

Damn, he was someone I also made sure to watch on the prelims. Hope he gets back to his best.

I could see him going over to Bellator or PFL, if they can afford another million dollar tourney thing this year.

Hick Diaz has really good skills. He will get picked up but another good promotion, quickly.

He settled for guard to often and it lost him fights, very frustrating to watch fight

I hate how getting released after a skid is a thing. I wouldn't mind watching him fight in the UFC even if he goes 0-10 in his next ten. You have boring ass fighters winning decisions nobody cares about still on the roster

His offensive aggression was fun to watch, but he tried to go for subs too much.

well, he's only 26, not too late to start a run in bellator or overseas, and maybe come back if he gets better.

To be honest, I was never really sold on him as a prospect or even as a future contender. He's young tho, he's got time.

There is a sherdog member who says he knows Knight and his family, and credited his sharp decline to the death of his father. No idea, personally, but the guy looked like a different person in his last four UFC bouts versus his first four.

He worked full time in construction while fighting in the UFC. I imagine if he didn't have to do that, he might still be around.

Stupid release, many people will continue to watch him in other organizations.
Obviously he isn't a world-beater but damn he's fun to watch and 4-5 isn't THAT bad of a record when you consider guys like Burkman and Ellenberger (who hasn't looked good since Kampmann beat him) are still fighting in that very octagon.
Hell, I'd rather watch Jason Knight than watch BJ Penn continue to fight.

Back