Rumored Jaraya...

Ive seen a number of fighters get into these shady sources of income to afford themselves the time to train 2 x a day 6 x a week to further their careers.

with all due respect, Jaraya seems to be a tool
Hahaha. You don't need to frame your statement, unless you are Ricky Bobby.
jv5udzM7qzH3RnNJA

I knew this guy was shady the moment he attacked a judge for not scoring in his favor. He's got that Badr Hari temperament.

they don't call him Mini-Badr for nothing.

Never liked him. Petch kicking his head off while an entire dutch stadium was booing him will always be one of my favorite moments in kickboxing

Given the source of this news I would take it with a grain of salt tbh. He probably fights soon no problem. Beyond kickboxing is a shit site with little to no actual journalistic credentials
It’s all over the news over here in the Netherlands. GLORY deleted every promo-video regarding Jaraya’s fight. He’s in jail and not fighting anytime soon. I even think GLORY will terminate his contract (maybe they already did, GLORY doesn’t want to be linked to shit like this), the guy is on a fucking deadlist because he stole coke and other stuff from the wrong people (according to sources from the criminal circuit)

It’s all over the news over here in the Netherlands. GLORY deleted every promo-video regarding Jaraya’s fight. He’s in jail and not fighting anytime soon. I even think GLORY will terminate his contract (maybe they already did, GLORY doesn’t want to be linked to shit like this), the guy is on a fucking deadlist because he stole coke and other stuff from the wrong people (according to sources from the criminal circuit)

Thanks for actual context. I always assumed with how inactive he was he's involved in some illegal gang activity like most Dutch kickboxers.

Thanks for actual context. I always assumed with how inactive he was he's involved in some illegal gang activity like most Dutch kickboxers.
It’s not something most kickboxers do, not at all. They’re all hardworking men.
Jaraya is one of the few exceptions who decided to break bad. He was in Dubai during a large part of the COVID-pandemic, and that’s when he found himself in those shady business. It’s still under investigation so we shouldn’t jump to conclusions, but it’s not a good look man.
Check out the GLORY 83 thread, I’ve shared more info/stuff over there

Ironic that Dubai is under some crazy harsh laws and punishments, yet because of the wealth, it also harbours insane levels of crime.
There were a few historic cases of associated Dutch crime and the kickboxing scene but that was a generation past.
Holland is a low crime country. Paradise, in comparison with both UK and USA. Kickboxing is still a huge part of sporting culture there so to associate gang activity with kickboxing is wrong. It happens though that is it quite high profile when it does occur. The two things are not directly correlated.

Ironic that Dubai is under some crazy harsh laws and punishments, yet because of the wealth, it also harbours insane levels of crime.
There were a few historic cases of associated Dutch crime and the kickboxing scene but that was a generation past.
Holland is a low crime country. Paradise, in comparison with both UK and USA. Kickboxing is still a huge part of sporting culture there so to associate gang activity with kickboxing is wrong. It happens though that is it quite high profile when it does occur. The two things are not directly correlated.

I wouldn't downplay the links between kickboxing and crime too much though. There is the famous case of Andre Brilleman in the 80s, who was found with his dick and his legs cut off while he was still alive. They then put his body parts in a steel drum filled with concrete which was dumped in the river.

Of course this was a long time ago, but there are more recent examples too.
Recently Jamal Ben Saddik was arrested for selling illegal encrypted phones to criminals (he's Belgian, not Dutch I know, but he trains in Holland and Dutch drug dealers are very active in the Antwerp harbour). His house and houses of his family members have been shot in 2021 and 2022 too.

Hesdy Gerges was convicted for importing 128kg of cocaine in 2010.

Badr Hari wearing a walk-out t-shirt saying "Gwenette forever". Gwenette Martha was one of the largest cocaine dealers in the Netherlands and was murdered in 2014. His body had 80 bullet holes.

Ashwin Balrak, who was a kickboxer and lawyer, had been caught in an apartment in Rotterdam while cutting up 82kg of cocaine.

Doesn't mean that all kickboxers are criminal, but there are still quite some kickboxers with links to crime.

Enfusion's local partner in Belgium AFO who were the ones organizing the Glory Rivals/Enfusion event there, got shut down for links to a Moroccan drug gang. It was specifically some anti-Moroccan organized crime task force that got onto them lol.

Ron Nyqvist of Golden Glory, and some say early Glory, too. Got shot after 10years, was on one of those kill lists Jaraya is supposedly on...

Tons of crime relations in Dutch kb.

Last edited:
Tell em little brother.

Back