Japanese worker finds $120,000 cash in trash

mikezismike

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
A worker at a waste disposal site in Japan found $120,000 cash in a stream of pulverised rubbish, police said Wednesday.

"There were about a thousand 10,000 yen ($118) bills that came out of a pulveriser unscathed," said a spokesman at the Asaminami police department in Hiroshima prefecture, in the country's west.

He added that there were also 2,300 fragments of bills destroyed by the machine at a municipal facility that processes bulky waste, such as cupboards and mattresses, that cannot be collected by regular garbage pickup.

READ MORE: http://ph.news.yahoo.com/japan-rubbish-worker-finds-120-000-cash-trash-042013372.html

should have kept it for his family's christmas

Off topic but I was thinking about Japanese culture randomly yesterday and they are some creative people.

My Favorite video game- Japanese made
Favorite cartoon growing up- Japanese
Favorite two kids movies- Japanese

For such a tiny nation they are extremely impressive.

Why the hell would he tell people about it?

Did he get to keep it?

Off topic but I was thinking about Japanese culture randomly yesterday and they are some creative people.

Not the sole reason, but...

Because they built upon what the West had already learned and achieved through trial and error over hundreds of years -- industrially speaking -- and learned it themselves in like a decade or so. They had a major head start once they opened their borders and became non-isolationist.

Most def,their anime and manga is awesome and hilarious.

If the money was stolen from a bank or what not, chances are its serial numbers are marked and tracked. Not a good idea to go blow a bunch of money in that case. Im not sure what I would do though. That is an awful lot of money tax free...

If the money was stolen from a bank or what not, chances are its serial numbers are marked and tracked. Not a good idea to go blow a bunch of money in that case.

Buy drugs with it.

Drug dealers would then spend it and take the the fall for the stolen money.

Profit.

Giving it back is a better plan than getting hacked up by the Yakuza .

If the money was stolen from a bank or what not, chances are its serial numbers are marked and tracked.

Could stick to spending it in small amounts in places like grocery stores and fast food where they're not going to track your ID. That much could pay for all your food for decades.

Did anyone catch the US story about plumbers who found $300,000 worth of gold nuggets in an attic?

hwnaio.jpg

They fell for the plan.

Back