Jan.27th Jaime Munguia vs John Ryder DAZN

I think Andrade gives him fits, David Morrell KHTFO, Canelo KHTFO, David Benevidez KHTFO, Shishkin???? dunno, good fight/ I think Munguia stops Mbilli/

Caleb Plant would be a good fight... dunno about that one.

How do you see a fight with Canelo going? I see Canelo put in handcuffs for murder.
Canelo beats him easily…. Probably my wide Dec …. Munguia eats 2 many punches … a shot derevyanchenko fucked him up just imagine what canelo would do to him

I think Andrade gives him fits, David Morrell KHTFO, Canelo KHTFO, David Benevidez KHTFO, Shishkin???? dunno, good fight/ I think Munguia stops Mbilli/

Caleb Plant would be a good fight... dunno about that one.
Plant > Munguia via Dec …. Munguia does not have the power of canelo nor Benavidez but I agree good fight

Canelo beats him easily…. Probably my wide Dec …. Munguia eats 2 many punches … a shot derevyanchenko fucked him up just imagine what canelo would do to him
That's what I see too. It's why I was so surprised by Seano's answer.

The announcer now sucking on Munguia comparing him to canelo … “canelo are you watching” cringe shit ….. lmao …

Solid fight, definitely Munguia’s best showing since 154lbs. WTF with the bell and those punches though?

Why was the timekeeper ringing the bell before the ref waved it off?

Solid fight, definitely Munguia’s best showing since 154lbs. WTF with the bell and those punches though?
Another fight where he bullies a fighter with no power. God I hope Canelo fucks him up.

More and more, Canelo has been turning into a bit of a plodding puncher. His upper body movement isn't what it was, his counters aren't as crisp. I think we've seen his best.
True. Can you tell you were impressed by Munguia tonight though? He still gets hits way too often. I think Canelo still has enough fight IQ to destroy him.

True. Can you tell you were impressed by Munguia tonight though? He still gets hits way too often. I think Canelo still has enough fight IQ to destroy him.
Yeah, I'm not big on Munguia, though I think he's been built up pretty well.

The timekeeper can't stop the fight. What a weird thing for Mannix to say. The ref doesn't have to stop the fight because the corner throws in the towel either.

More and more, Canelo has been turning into a bit of a plodding puncher. His upper body movement isn't what it was, his counters aren't as crisp. I think we've seen his best.
That is absolutely true. He's young to be at the end, but he has had a ton of fights, and he's got more money than a guy needs.
Since the move up to LHW the bulk he added has really detracted from the skill trajectory he was on. A deterioration in skills and mobility in favor of bulk, and it hasn't returned when he came back down in weight.

It's not that he's shot, it's that they have taken a hard wrong turn in his approach to training and fighting in general.

That said, he's got more than enough to beat the piss out of Jaime IMO...now David Benevidez, or David Morrell (who is still very raw, I know) I'm not so sure.

Back