Jammuh Hall is SO much smaller than Poatan

You go to bed too, hoot it.
200w.gif

Trying xd hard to sleep with cramps

if being big and ripped meant you're going to win Bob Sapp would be the champion of the world

In this instance, i'd say that not only does Potato have a size advantage but also SKILL-advantage

But Jamalaha has Thunder in his Punches so anything can happen

Bob Sapp was throwing his fights. do you really look at those losses like legitimate losses? who cares if he never was champion, he nearly was the champion of the world in HIS 3RD MMA FIGHT. Pereira was knocking out some cab driver in Jungle fight in his 3rd MMA fight. Sapp beating Hoost twice is an insane feat. that's like Pereira beating Rico Verhoeven twice, back to back IN HIS 3RD AND 4TH KICKBOXING FIGHTS EVER.

besides we're getting off topic. i think Pereira is the favorite, but certainly not a lock, and definitely not because he's muscular and big and has a bunch more kickboxing fights. Gokhan Saki has just as much fights as Pereira and it meant nothing in MMA.

Bob Sapps Bodybuilding-Debut (He should have had more luck and better symmetry/physique if he entered back in the day)

Imagine if he entered in his 30s instead of his 50s!

Hard to take the OP seriously when one can't be bothered to correctly spell the name of the guy they're trying to trash for the sake of some weird joke.

Anyway, Pereira by KO is like +120. Not the most lucrative line, but if you're so confident I'd say bet the house.

They are both recorded as 193cm (6'4), so from what I can see, they are exactly the same height.

Uh, I guess if you don't count 2008 as "modern", with Brock Lesnar winning the title in his 4th pro fight with no other professional combat sport experience, AND if 40 professional kickboxing fights don't count as "experience", then sure - if you discount all of those realities then Pereira is the least experienced champ in modern MMA history.

Jammuh Hall is 12-1-1 in professional MMA with no other professional combat sport experience
Alex is 1-0 as a pro boxer, 9-2 in pro mma (2 division UFC world champ, wins over 4 UFC world champs in those 9 wins), 33-7 as a professional kickboxer (2 division world champion at the highest level)

Jammuh Hall has (almost) exactly 27% as much professional combat sport experience as Poatan.

That counts to you as the least experienced champ in modern MMA history?

I mean, I guess if we invent our own reality?
<Fedor23>
Yeah I agree that Hill hasn't really beaten anyone, but what about Pereira? Come from behind KO against Adesanya was fun and pretty decent, but beating Jan and Jiri isn't particularly impressive, both of them were fringe top 10 a couple of years ago. Obviously Pereira has better names on his resume and he's the favourite as he should be, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking this matchup is anything other than two decent LHWs battling it out, not like any of them will go down in history for their fighting skills.

Yeah I agree that Hill hasn't really beaten anyone, but what about Pereira? Come from behind KO against Adesanya was fun and pretty decent, but beating Jan and Jiri isn't particularly impressive, both of them were fringe top 10 a couple of years ago. Obviously Pereira has better names on his resume and he's the favourite as he should be, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking this matchup is anything other than two decent LHWs battling it out, not like any of them will go down in history for their fighting skills.

So who should've they have beaten to be more than what you think they are? Here's the current fighters below them in the top 10.

Are you going to say Ankalaev? Well we can play the same game with him - who has he beaten?

It's called the eye test, there's more than just records. Old man Jan gave Alex all he could handle too btw (I saw you mention Glover.

Hill is a lot faster than Alex, he throws from odd angles too and has a good bit more power than Izzy.

I got Hill in 3 different bets btw. If he's fully healed he should win. You never know when both guys poses a lot of pop though. We'll see soon enough.

Also BSD is not a stand up guy, his striking is God awful. That's not a good comparison at all. Hill is good everywhere now.
The skill gap between jammuh hall's striking and Poatans, is at least as big as the striking gap between DP and BSD.

That you don't get that will be the fatal flaw in your analysis here!

Beating Jiri Prochazka, former ufc light heavyweight champion, with a 29-3 record, who hadn't lost in 8 years, isn't particularly impressive? What in the world? Do you know how rare a record like 29-3 is in mma? Unbeaten in almost a decade? Former champ? Not impressive? That's a silly take. You know that.

So who is an impressive win if 29-3 former champs with 8 year unbeaten streaks, are not impressive? There's literally no one

The skill gap between jammuh hall's striking and Poatans, is at least as big as the striking gap between DP and BSD.

That you don't get that will be the fatal flaw in your analysis here!
Lol, The moment of truth is growing nearer.

But no, he actually didn't. 2 wins over Ernesto Hoost, with no world titles, ending at 12-19 does not amount to a better record than 33-7, with world titles in 2 divisions in a promotion that is the modern equivalent of K1.

They both fought in MMA and kickboxing, and they bought had size advantages within their division. But that's where the similarities end. Their style is different. Their mindset is different. Their record is different. Their championship pedigree is night and day. But saying Sapp beating Hoost is like Alex beating Verhoeven, is just wacky. Sapp probably had 100 pounds on Hoost and Verhoeven would have 40 pounds on Alex.

(although I'm not going to lie to you and say that I wouldn't drool over the opportunity to watch Poatan fight Rico. It likely wouldn't go well for Alex but god damn I'd watch the shit out of that)
I was trolling. You didn’t need to explain the background. Sapp was a flash in the pan that became a professional diver or jobber.

But it is a fact Alex has never beaten anyone the level of hoost. And not many have or ever will

So Jiri isn't that good huh?

Beating Glover at that stage was a legit solid win. But it is his only legit solid win. How are you pulling so hard for this dude that is completely untested and has beaten no one?

Because I called Hill being a big deal 5 years ago. Being right about a prospect becoming a star fills your head with a warm fuzzy feeling.

Because I called Hill being a big deal 5 years ago. Being right about a prospect becoming a star fills your head with a warm fuzzy feeling.
bro...he's only beaten no knees Santos, glass jaw Johnny Walker, and 42 year old Texeira. What has this dude ever done to inspire this level of confidence? It's baffling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back