James McGirt jr vs Carlos De Leon Jr Tonight on Showbox

bostonmma

Gold Belt
Reaction score
Josesito Lopez 140 vs. Edgar Santana 140
James McGirt Jr. 166.5 vs. Carlos De Leon Jr. 167

Battle of famous sons tonight on Showtime. McGirt naturally has great technique from his dad and is aggressive but he lacks power and will not do well moving up to super middle. De Leon is a gatekeeper of sorts but packs a punch, so I'll pick him in an upset. In the other bout, Santana gets a gift by even being on the show, he simply isn't that good but has a big NYC fanbase. Lopez is a decent lightweight moving up to light welter, this is not shobox worthy but Debeila is getting a gift. Fights start at 11 enjoy

Hmm, didn't know Carlos had this fight. He hasn't been at Top Rank in a while, last time he was there he was working for Jantuah. He always looks good in the Gym, but seems to be hesitant under the big lights with the gear off. Haven't seen much of Buddy Jr. at all, but if I'm mistaken Craig once remarked he's got a future as a Sanitation Engineer.

Though I admit I have an affinity for meetings of the "Sons of's"...just because it's fun to see the Princes of the Boxing World attempt to show their mettle.

lol Not a soul gives a shit?

Who are they This shouldn't be on TV, to be honest.

Eh, they're not top-quality, for certain. But they're two "Sons of" who might make a good fight specifically because of their detractions.

I dont have sho Box, otherwise Id add to the convo. In other news, SRR is on ESPN Classics tonight

Eh, they're not top-quality, for certain. But they're two "Sons of" who might make a good fight specifically because of their detractions.
Yeah, but there are plenty of good fights, off-tv. These guys are being sold cos of who there dads are, not because they can fight.

De Leon Jr is pretty shit, IMO.

It's fun in the same sense The Contender is fun. Build up some poor sap to make them think they can fight, and then serve them up to a killer eventually.

Only these killers have the unfortunate name tied to them that suggests a pretense of either regard or scrutiny.

I find it intriguing.

Yeah, but The Contender isn't fun, if you ask me. Thats why im glad theyve axed the show.

I can see why the odd person might like it though.

It's fun in the same sense The Contender is fun. Build up some poor sap to make them think they can fight, and then serve them up to a killer eventually.

Only these killers have the unfortunate name tied to them that suggests a pretense of either regard or scrutiny.

I find it intriguing.

speaking of the contender, the only dude on that show Im a fan of is about to get his career ended tomorrow night.

Yeah, but The Contender isn't fun, if you ask me. Thats why im glad theyve axed the show.

I can see why the odd person might like it though.

Calling me odd old bean? lol Hey I'm a fan of anything that brings attention to the Sport at this point. Gomez for instance, has a female demographic who pay to see him fight. Even Floyd Mayweather in the WWE, if even a handfull of kids like him and possibly pay to see more people fight some day, no harm no foul.

Axed? Did they finally? I was under the impression they inked two more seasons.

Contender is not being renewed after the 3rd season. ESPN don't want to have anything to do with it, so I don't expect much from this last season.

The contender could be cool if they did a better job of it. More of the training, less of the drama. Especially less of the slowed down fights, sound effects and the rest.

You like Gomez? Boo this man... BOO!!!

You DONT like him? Why not? He's a humble guy, works hard, etc. He's going to get wrecked tomorrow, but yeah, I like him as a fighter and he seems like a good guy.

The contender could be cool if they did a better job of it. More of the training, less of the drama. Especially less of the slowed down fights, sound effects and the rest.

I disagree. They should have had MORE of the drama, that's the main reason kids watch TUF. Contender was a little too straight-forward if you ask me.

The lack of drunken shenanigans killed it.

Buddy Jr.'s haircut is RIDICULOUS. Makes Paulie Malignaggi look well-groomed.

I disagree. They should have had MORE of the drama, that's the main reason kids watch TUF. Contender was a little too straight-forward if you ask me.

The lack of drunken shenanigans killed it.

For the mainstream audience maybe. From my completely selfish point of view, I would want to see the changes I mentioned in my original post.

Calling me odd old bean? lol Hey I'm a fan of anything that brings attention to the Sport at this point. Gomez for instance, has a female demographic who pay to see him fight. Even Floyd Mayweather in the WWE, if even a handfull of kids like him and possibly pay to see more people fight some day, no harm no foul.

Axed? Did they finally? I was under the impression they inked two more seasons.

Not being gay or anything nor do I have anything against gays, but Gomez has female fans? He's not exactly Rudolph Valentino in the Sheik.

Back