James Irvin-Brennan Ward set for Bellator 123 Season 11 opener on Sept. 5

One of my all time favourite fighters. The fact he's at middleweight and not fucking around at heavyweight makes me think this is the second coming. I just have a feeling. I fucking hope so - The Sandman was a fucking killer.

Irvin-Ramirez008.jpg

It's crazy how much better Irvin looks at 205.

I'm guessing XARM didn't pan out...

I see the possibility for some highlight-reel KO's in the future.

Some very exciting fights for James in Bellator's lhw and mw divisions.

At 205:
- rematch of the 7 second KO! Houston Alexander
- Rampage
- King Mo
- Zayats
- Tito Ortiz

MW
- Brennan ward, who's he's scheduled to fight. This will be a fun one.
- Rematch Doug Marshall
- If he wins a tourney, a fight with Schlemenko could be fun

Hell, if Thiago Silva ever ends up in Bellator, that's another good rematch.

Irvin was lighting Thiago up before the injury.

Also KOd Angel Deanda, a guy Tyrone Spong couldn't put away.

James still has some spectacular knockouts to show us. I'm sure he will do quite well in Bellator. I'm glad he's still fighting; 28 months off seems like an eternity in fight time.

I have no problem with Bellator signing guys like this, they are not the most talented guys but they come to fight every time. Plus they are solid tests for the up and coming prospects.

always enjoyed watching James Irvin. isn't he one of the few guys to have fought at 3 weight classes in the UFC? HW, LHW & MW

anyhow good for him, can't help rooting for the guy

I have no problem with Bellator signing guys like this, they are not the most talented guys but they come to fight every time. Plus they are solid tests for the up and coming prospects.
Exactly, I don't understand why people bash Bellator for these signings.

Loses in XARM; gets signed to Bellator.
Obviously you don't know the high level, explosive athletes in the XARM world! They would crush all MMA fighters as would every BKB fighters.....:icon_chee

I want to say I hate all these guys like Soko, Irvin, and JT signing. But Bellator has grown enough that I'm honestly fine with it. I mean it looks bad in a sense, you are digging for some pretty low guys.

But as long as they keep a mix of Bellator guys, prospects and washed up dudes why not.

Still I don't get the logic behind starting the next season with your worst tournament.

Also how fucked up is it after Prindle vs JT they have to specify this isn't the Main Event?

Worst tournament? They haven't even announced the tournament fighters. I don't see how it's fucked up? They're just announcing the featured opening bout. Maybe I'm missing something?

Loses in XARM; gets signed to Bellator.

Man, I had no idea that he even signed up, let alone lost. I usually just check the forums for news, maybe I need to go back to reading the sites.

Sad, sad shit.

Ward has to win this.

Back