James Irvin-Brennan Ward set for Bellator 123 Season 11 opener on Sept. 5

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/james-...t-for-bellator-123-season-11-opener-on-sept-5

UFC veteran James Irvin (17-10 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) will make his Bellator debut when he meets Brennan Ward (9-2 MMA, 5-2 BMMA) in a middleweight bout on the card. The fight is not, however, expected to be the main event. Also planned for the show is the start of the Season 11 eight-man middleweight tournament. Participants for that tourney are expected to be announced soon.

Irvin returns to the sport after what will have been a layoff of about 28 months. After being let go from the UFC in 2010 on a three-fight losing skid,

Oh wow....two GOD WAR RAW DOG combatants will walk down Victory Lane and step into the Bellator circle!

You cannot fuck with the realest!

james+irvin+beastly+knee+knockout.jpg

I want to say I hate all these guys like Soko, Irvin, and JT signing. But Bellator has grown enough that I'm honestly fine with it. I mean it looks bad in a sense, you are digging for some pretty low guys.

But as long as they keep a mix of Bellator guys, prospects and washed up dudes why not.

Still I don't get the logic behind starting the next season with your worst tournament.

Also how fucked up is it after Prindle vs JT they have to specify this isn't the Main Event?

Damn I thought he retired. He was an exciting fighter, but Irvin at middleweight looked so sucked up..

I hope Irvin-Ward's a quarterfinal. Just cuz'.

Maybe the two years off have made Irvin's body better suited for middleweight.

EDIT:nvm, says it in the OP

Well, i think Ward will win.

Didn't know he was still fighting. Thought he was just coaching at a UFC gym out west.

Always a fan of Irvin because of that flying knee.

Might have to take a trip down to see this if the price is right.

Why the fuck is James Irvin fighting at MW still? Hell, I'd be happier hearing he went back up to HW like in the early WEC days. LHW would be great too, you have fights with M'Pumbu, Vegh, Newton, etc.

But Middleweight? Really? I don't want to see Marshall / Irvin 2 or him fight Cooper and Ward. I guess at the end of it all, if he wins, a fight with Shlmenko would be kinda cool. Still, I would much rather see him somewhere he can be comfortable and not have to kill himself to make weight multiple times for the tournament.

Up and coming prospect vs. Veteran nearing the end of his career

Gonna have to go with the prospect.

FUCK YES!

Ive waited so long to see Irvin back in competition. He hasn't fought in years.

Hope he smokes Ward with a quick superman punch KO, the rematch Houston and put him out again too.

I feel like this fight is tailor made for Ward to work his way through the tournament.

Back