• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Jamahal Hill vs Israel Adesanya is being worked on

I mean there's really nothing for him at MW. But if he wins he should just vacate the MW belt and properly bulk for LHW.

Well.. It's not like Izzy has a lot of work at MW.. Bo Nickelodeon needs to fight a non can and Ikram needs to fuck up Costa first.

Jamahal tho... LHW has Jiri coming back at some point.. the russian dude that got robbed... Rakic should be coming back soon too.

Jones haters always trying to rewrite history.
Machida - 33
Rampage Jackson - 33
Muriciou Rua - 29
Rashad Evans - 32

Didn't Glover, a guy Jones trashed a decade earlier become Champion recently?
You’re acting like age is the only factor lol, machida was legit 208 pounds fighting an almost 230 jones, only reason he wasn’t at middleweight was cause he’s friends with Anderson, shogun had 3 acl surgeries in 3 years including a year layoff for recovery before facing jones, rampage was 40 fights deep at least 4 years out of his prime, and Rashad was like 210 to jones 230, you can find interviews of jones around those years saying he weighs almost 230 including an interview before Cormier 1 where he said he said he weighs 227. Middleweights an injured guy and a past their prime fighter

You don't think Adesanya being a longstanding champ and draw gives him more leverage than Chimaev.

Along with the fact that he's never missed weight and has obviously fought much higher level competition.

You are really making things more complicated than they actually are.

Reread the last two sentences you quoted. You’re arguing a point I’m not making. I understand why UFC is happy to oblige and I certainly get why Izzy wants it. No one is arguing Izzy doesn’t have pull in deciding his next fight.

But from a meritorious perspective, no I don’t think Izzy going up for a second chance without defending the belt he just retook makes more sense than a big money fight in Abu Dhabi against arguably the most compelling and difficult stylistic matchup of his career.

I feel like folks are sleeping on Hill. I feel he is a very formidable champion. That's not to imply that I feel Izzy has no shot, but rather I feel that folks are too critical of him as champ. I would favor him over Izzy though -- I feel his defense has improved a ton and his MMA striking is very tough to thwart.

When Anderson Silva was the champ and wanted to fight at 205, they gave him guys like James Irvin and Forrest Griffin, and not direct access to the champ. Izzy, meanwhile, has fought exactly once at 205, and he was beaten soundly. So his next foray into the division is another title shot?

1) They didn’t do the champ champ thing then. If Anderson wanted to fight the 205 champ he would have had to move up to 205 permanently.

2) Anderson said he never wanted to fight the champ. He just did that to save cards for UFC, and to challenge himself. (It may be because of the first reason that he didn’t want to fight the champ at 205, also ge was training partners with Lyoto, and for a good 5-8 years Lyoto had a legitimate shot at being the 205 champ.

Man, I feel for Izzy because I really have little to no interest in any of the following fights:
  1. Whitaker trilogy,
  2. Pereira trilogy,
  3. the Hill fight (it's a fresh match up but:
    1. Hill just won the title,
    2. its not an enormous PPV draw,
    3. there's arguably no merit).
The only fight I am even remotely interested in, for Izzy, is Khamzat--and I'm not even all that big on Khamzat.

I know Khamzat does not even remotely deserve the MW title shot, but the fight is very interesting stylistically and should draw fairly well.

I think it'd be very exciting, and short! Either Khamzat imposes his will and gets a Sub/TKO, or he gets KTFO on the feet (e.g., styled on).

Back