Jake Shields vs Conor McGregor @170lbs

Shields via head kick TKO and goes on to become the most feared striker in his division

Everyone knows USADA tkos Jake before he can even get in the cage.

I dont think Conor beats any LW or WW in top 10 but RDA.

RDA was his best shot. Sloppy and small and susceptible to Conors left. I know most ppl will disagree because he was champion but styles make fights.

Call me crazy, but I think Conor has a decent shot against a USADA Shields. I think it would be very difficult for Shields to get him to the ground because Shields is slower than fuck, presumedly more so if he had to get USADA testing. Conor Moves really well, and if he kept it conservative with the kicks and picked him apart with his boxing, I think he could keep him off of him and potentially land the big shot he needed. I think the styles favor Conor in this one because of the speed difference. Shields ON the juice is still slow. Have we even seen USADA shields? Conor really is that good. Nate is/was the much worse matchup for him because of his chin and those hands.

shields gets the finish we've all been waiting for

RDA was his best shot. Sloppy and small and susceptible to Conors left. I know most ppl will disagree because he was champion but styles make fights.

>Styles make fights

Yeah a guy with no TD defense, a silly wide kickable stance, and questionable cardio would totally match up well against an elite grappler with top notch kicks and arguably the best cardio in the sport right now...

Do you even MMA bro?

<28>

Jake Shields, because he is to strong and has world class BJJ and good chin . His overall MMA level is much higher.

Last edited:
Shields outgrappled Maia... survived H-Bombs... Beat GSP 2 rounds on the feet (breaking GSP's 33 round consecutive streak), submitted Lawler... man I could go on.

Shields is bad, bad motherfucker.

Shields. Excellent grappling plus a good chin.

If he gets beat by Nate, then Jake mauls Conor. Ask any Gracie Fight Team member of any weight, who the baddest dude on that team is, and regardless of what casuals may want to believe, 9/10 Gracie Fight Team members will say Shields hands down! His sparring sessions with AKA members Koscheck and Fitch are of local legend too! A casual may not grasp nor appreciate Jakes style and turn a blind eye to his accomplishments in the ring/cage.. But the majority of true fans, Martial Artists and Fighters, even if they don't like Jake, respect Jake and those he has fought say he is one of the toughest.

Isn't Shields a mma fighter? Why do you want him to wipe the floor of the octagon?

Back