Jake Shields first purple belt

TheHighlander

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wed night I became the first person to receive a purple belt from Jake Shields. I started training with Jake almost six years ago (think he was a blue belt at the time), and three years ago I received my blue belt from Cesar Gracie (Jake's instructor)(I was splitting time between both). For four or five years I attended every class he taught, plus regularly attending those of his other instructors.

I hope to represent him well.

Awesome, man! Congrats! The Cesar line is known for taking their time. So that's an impressive achievement! Please post pix!!!

Well done! Congratulations to you. Must feel good.

The Highlander is a great jiu jitsu fighter and a class act. I'm glad to be on the same team with him.

(Except for last week when we were rolling. He must of had beans for breakfast because he really let one rip. lol!!)

Congrats!!! Massive dedication!

That's really great, i hope to be at that level someday - keep it up!

The Highlander is a great jiu jitsu fighter and a class act. I'm glad to be on the same team with him.

(Except for last week when we were rolling. He must of had beans for breakfast because he really let one rip. lol!!)

That may have been the sound of my lungs being crushed by your gorrilla grip.

TheHighlander, understates his dedication.

I have seen him on the freeway freezin[I would have been freezin] on his motorcycle in commuter traffic on the way to Cesar's.

Without forums like this he would be an unsung hero, but now an example to us all.

Proud of you Michael

Back