Jake Shields expects to fight champ Rousimar Palhares with win over Brian Foster

It's actually rather impressive how Alan Belcher was able to defend against him and TKO him.

Alan Belcher was a former LHW and a big MW, at 6 foot 2 and a fight night weight of around 208 pounds at 185. His size helped him in his clash with Palhares. Shields is a natural WW, and would not have the size Belcher had to help him defend against Palhares. I see Palhares beating Shields just like he did Fitch. If he wins in impressive fashion- i hope Dana forgives and forgets, and brings Palhares back to the UFC where he belongs.

Alan Belcher was a former LHW and a big MW, at 6 foot 2 and a fight night weight of around 208 pounds at 185. His size helped him in his clash with Palhares. Shields is a natural WW, and would not have the size Belcher had to help him defend against Palhares. I see Palhares beating Shields just like he did Fitch. If he wins in impressive fashion- i hope Dana forgives and forgets, and brings Palhares back to the UFC where he belongs.

You're talking nonsense. Belcher is a high level black belt. He escaped the leglock cause he knew how.

[YT]IRczMUfcJkA[/YT]

Also Shields is a better grappler than Fitch. And has submitted Fitch in competition.

Shields vs Palhares is a grappling fan's wet dream.

What Palhares did to Fitch makes me nervous for Shields, however the clinic Shields put on Satoshi Souza proves he's still a monster on the mat.

I think if Palhares can't catch the quick leglock, Shields is gonna wear him down and grind him out.

Shields UD, 50-45. On a side note, they do have a common Middleweight opponent in Dan Henderson, and both have fought Lombard (in different weight classes).

A tough pill to swallow for the Askren nuthuggers.
Yeah I was thinking that, but its true. At the end of the day, Paul Harris and Shields have much better resumes than Askren. The only thing Askren has over them is being undefeated, but honestly his best wins are Lima and Hieron

IMO Belcher escaped from two reasons:

- Palhares, like usually, spazzed out and started spamming, instead of doing intelligent grappling

- Belcher has heavy punches.

Now, Shields is great grappler, and Palhares won't magically fix his head after 30, but Shields doesn't really have G'n'P in his favor.

So it will be interesting.

I'd love to see Palhares torque the shit out of Shields' knee.

Back