Jake Shields expects to fight champ Rousimar Palhares with win over Brian Foster

One of the few high profile matchups WSOF can put on at this point.

Palhares is on fire lately hopefully he fights shields next that would be a good one

Shields beats Foster then takes the title imo.

shields vs toquinho is a hell of a fight

Palhares vs. Shields is a hell of a grappling match. One of the few high profile WW fights that can be made outside of the UFC. Can't wait for it.

First Gilbert suffers a sub loss and now Shields is going to, things aren't looking good for Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu.

Hello I'm from the future, just popped back to share this picture of Shields with you from after the fight.

ng7fc4.jpg

Winner pf Shields/Palhares is clearly number one ww outside the ufc

I honestly see Palhares being able to do the same thing to Shields as he did to Fitch. how many BJJ black belts has Palhares tapped in MMA? It's insane.

I honestly see Palhares being able to do the same thing to Shields as he did to Fitch. how many BJJ black belts has Palhares tapped in MMA? It's insane.

Not sure on all of the opponents he subbed BJJ rankings but from what I know.

Flavio Luiz Moura, Dimitri Wanderley(unlisted on Sherdog), Fabio Nascimento, Lucio Linhares, David Branch, Mike Massenzio, Daniel Acacio & John Fitch*.

Pretty sure that's the most BJJ black belts subbed by a single fighter in MMA. I put a * next to Fitch because I'm not sure if he's an actual BJJ black belt but I do know he's a GJJ Black Belt.

Would be very exciting to see whether Shields can avoid a sub from Palhares. If Shields can't, who can? Demian Maia? Kick him out of the UFC just so we can see that fight! lol

Would be very exciting to see whether Shields can avoid a sub from Palhares. If Shields can't, who can? Demian Maia? Kick him out of the UFC just so we can see that fight! lol

Alan Belcher.
Nate Marquardt.

I still can't believe he got Fitch.

It's actually rather impressive how Alan Belcher was able to defend against him and TKO him.

Back