Jake Shields = does he get cut if he loses?

If Okami can get cut after a lone loss that followed a three fight winning streak then Shields, who has kind of been a disappointment since he got into the UFC, is definitely on the chopping block.

I hope not. He's still a fantastic fighter.

Shields was/is a beast and people don't give him credit where it's due

Looks like Okami cut did it's job fantastically. Got everybody thinking every boring fighter is going to get the axe if they lose, regardless of rank.

If all the fans are worried about it, I'm sure the fighters are too/

If Okami got cut, I'm sure Shields would with a loss aswell.

However, I'm picking him to outgrapple Maia and finally shine like he was supposed to.

Jake Shields is my top 5 favorite fighters. I think not getting cut, and maybe gets fights Forrest did have his losing streak.

I hope he gets storied by Maia and then cut. The most boring fighter ever

If Okami can get cut after a lone loss that followed a three fight winning streak then Shields, who has kind of been a disappointment since he got into the UFC, is definitely on the chopping block.

Okami pretty much put the whole roster concept on its head. If he was fair game than just about everybody else is.

43187424.jpg

Nice belts, but that is an awkward pose from Shields lol. Given the Fitch and Okami cuts, I could certainly see Shields getting cut with a loss.

Nope, won't get cut.

His fight with GSP actually surprised some people, his win over Dan Henderson blew people's minds.

Maia, and Shields both carry a background that makes them a dangerous challenge. They are both more known fighters, and while they are not holding a title at the moment, they remain tough challenges for fighters.

Okami was similar, but nobody in america cared. His background is a hinderence in a sport full of un-educated fans. Releasing Okami not only might light a fire under his ass, he is open to go make more money elsewhere.

None of this is how I view the situation, but more the things that have been said over the years from the "brass" about these people.

Frankly, the whole system in the UFC needs an intercontinental title held by Shawn Michaels. The jump between champion and minor leagues is all out of wack. I miss pride, wec, IFL, strikeforce, cage rage, king of the cage, k1, vale tudo and so on having an equal part in giving places for fighters to make a name and continue to be successful. UFC has become fanboy central, thus we have to discuss who is getting cut more than who is looking forward to matchups.

Okami pretty much put the whole roster concept on its head. If he was fair game than just about everybody else is.
Pretty much how I see unless there was something going on behind the scenes w/ Okami and UFC. But, I'd have no idea what that could be.

haha, prepare for all the threads complaining and new avatars of Shields.

He is part of the scrap pack, he is most likely untouchable.

People hate on this dude and IDK why. You basically said he's been kicking ass except a loss to gsp(IDK if you watch MMA but ummm every fight he is in is a boring decision) Condit(who I can't fucking stand) has been getting his ass whooped twice in a row and about to be on the cutting board so the UFC gives him Martin and he wins and it's the greatest yaayyy, but when Shields does it it doesnt mean shit huh? and his first KO loss like ever against Ellenberger. His ground game is amazing to the point GSP feared it and did everything in his power to stay far far away from it, Jake and his corner during the fight between rounds were considering pulling guard even.

He's a good fighter people just don't like him because he's not from the UFC or something. These same people who say he's boring are fucking flyweight fans.

People hate on this dude and IDK why. You basically said he's been kicking ass except a loss to gsp(IDK if you watch MMA but ummm every fight he is in is a boring decision) Condit(who I can't fucking stand) has been getting his ass whooped twice in a row and about to be on the cutting board so the UFC gives him Martin and he wins and it's the greatest yaayyy, but when Shields does it it doesnt mean shit huh? and his first KO loss like ever against Ellenberger. His ground game is amazing to the point GSP feared it and did everything in his power to stay far far away from it, Jake and his corner during the fight between rounds were considering pulling guard even.

He's a good fighter people just don't like him because he's not from the UFC or something. These same people who say he's boring are fucking flyweight fans.

Everything about this post is stupid, you are a troll looking for attention.

Everything about this post is stupid, you are a troll looking for attention.

So I made all that up and none of those things are true? everything I said is true it's not even opinion it's all facts that happened. Look it up if you weren't around to see it.

So I made all that up and none of those things are true? everything I said is true it's not even opinion it's all facts that happened. Look it up if you weren't around to see it.

Trust me, I was around.

He might, if he loses. All his recent fights, except the Ellenberger fight, have been boring.

Back