Jake Sheilds should still be in the UFC

InvertedCross

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
EDIT: I MEANT JAKE SHIELDS(I'm on phone)

He's still one of the best fighters in the world and I feel he was unjustifiably cut because people found him boring. Do you agree ?

Paying a fighter more than he is worth for boring fights doesn't make sense. I stopped caring for his fights awhile ago. I still think he is super talented but I would have cut him too.

Really? All his wins were split and only finish was against Ed Herman which is now a no contest.

Jake Shields is not UFC level. He only has wins over guys like Tyron Woodley, Demian Maia, Carlos Condit, Hendo, Robbie Lawler... seriously, who has even heard of any of those guys?

He really didn't impress anyone in the UFC. But I'm curious as to how he handles Palhares' ground game Saturday night.

It's like firing one of your best software engineers just because.

If they ever needed to slow down the space/time continuum for some reason, they could have Shields rematch Demian Maia. If North Korea advanced its nuclear program and we needed to lull the entire country to sleep while we enter their country uninvited, we could broadcast Shields wrestling around on the ground with Maia on a giant screen affixed to a blimp passing over their country.

Jake Shields is who Ben Askren watches when he wants to go to sleep.

So, no. I'm not sad to see him gone.

4-3-(1) in the UFC......Paul Harris is gonna beat him this weekend.

He's really the only big name cuts that would still be relevant if the came back.

I always liked him. Wish he still was in the UFC.

He eyepoked the shit out of GSP, got busted for roids and had the most boring fights in MMA history.

Good riddance.

Rock and a hard place. He has wins over too many top, TOP fighters, has been in the game for years and therefore is paid very well. But just not exciting. It's a spectator sport. I think he was singled out though. There are people a lot more boring with less chance of achieving anything still in the UFC. But I can see why he went

I'd have kept him on the roster, but I don't really feel the absence of his fights.

If they ever needed to slow down the space/time continuum for some reason, they could have Shields rematch Demian Maia. If North Korea advanced its nuclear program and we needed to lull the entire country to sleep while we enter their country uninvited, we could broadcast Shields wrestling around on the ground with Maia on a giant screen affixed to a blimp passing over their country.

Jake Shields is who Ben Askren watches when he wants to go to sleep.

So, no. I'm not sad to see him gone.

JAKE SHIELDS . DEMIAN MAIA

INTERSTELLAR

JON FITCH . YUSHIN OKAMI . NIK LENTZ . KING MO and GEORGES ST PIERRE

He really didn't impress anyone in the UFC. But I'm curious as to how he handles Palhares' ground game Saturday night.

one of the more compelling fights outside of the UFC. I'm amped. Amped I say!

Back