Media Jake Hager does worked MMA Match at AEW, a badly worked i would like to add

Buffmeister

RINYA NAKAMURA
@Black
Reaction score
WTF in this World...

..if you dont want to see it...just listen to Cornette running it down...

Here is Jim Cornette burying the whole thing... @0.55...sorry 2:15

"Phoney punches...rotten punches"
"Looked like 2 guys not trying to hurt each other"

Wins by choke out
Screenshot-1765.png

Last edited:
They actually used to have worked shoots back in the day. Volk Han and Nobuhiko Takada used to do them.
With the cage? I just never seen them in a cage doing this like there are some ppl who are watching who might actually think this is mma lol

With the cage? I just never seen them in a cage doing this like there are some ppl who are watching who might actually think this is mma lol

Not the cage, it was in (IIRC it was years ago I used to watch it) UWFi and RINGS (who did worked stuff as well as shoot stuff later on). Looking back they're not realistic (people getting to the ropes to break locked in armbars etc), but at the time it seemed cool.

WTF in this World...

..if you dont want to see it...just listen to Cornette running it down...

Here is Jim Cornette burying the whole thing... @0.55...sorry 2:15

"Phoney punches...rotten punches"
"Looked like 2 guys not trying to hurt each other"

Wins by choke out
View attachment 862541

My favorite part is when he fakes an arm bar to get out of a suplex. Why didn’t I think of that???!?

Lol prowrestling has turned into scripted mma now? Wow
I think some of the japanese pro wrestling was always structured to look like an actual mma fight, and now the american organizations are trying to adopt that aesthetic too. Some FB friends posted about one a while ago that actually had weigh ins and shit lol.

Isnt that what Shooto started as? That is how MMA got its start in Japan.
Kinda....Sayama, formerly known as Tiger Mask, started the whole thing.
A former pro wrestler...

But Pancrase groundwork looks a lot more than pro-wrestling groundwork as Shooto does, imo.

Hate those hybrids matches, they are meaningless now.

Trying to blend them too much is a huge mistake. But pro wrestling is a rotting corpse at this point so who cares.

tumblr_ou89fag0gs1qd4esao1_400.gifv

Back