Jake Gyllenhaal is one of the best actors around

Met him when I was really wasted one night. Super nice guy. Was a little touchey-feeley though.

a19ksHel.jpg

Watching Nightcrawler for the first time right now coincidentally. Barely in the first 15 minutes. Good in everything else I've seen him in though

The only shitty role I've seen him in is Prince of Persia. Holy shit that fake British accent...

Met him when I was really wasted one night. Super nice guy. Was a little touchey-feeley though.

a19ksHel.jpg

Oh God, that's not Jake Gyllenhall, that's my buddy Donny. He looks uncannily like Gyllenhaal and is always pulling that shit, and always with young, impressionable, wasted young guys. The real Jake G is friendly but nowhere near as handsy as Donny is. Donny always cops a good feel.

I'm sorry dude.

Hmmmm... I thought Southpaw was way overrated. i didnt give a shit about any of the characters, the character development seemed rushed despite being a pretty long film. I watched million dollar baby the other day and I think that is a far better boxing film and you actually care about the characters.

Nightcrawler was pretty good, but still felt like his acting was forced in his more emotive scenes.

When I compare the performances of Christian Bale, Ed Norton, Jack Nicholson or De Niro to his, they're in a different league.

Donnie Darko and Jarhead put me to sleep.

Zodiac did well because of the intriguing backstory - not Jake's acting. The bumbling reporter paired with the increasingly annoying alcoholic Downey Junior (who probably didn't even need to act for the part) made it survivable.

Prisoners and Nightcrawler were essentially the same character - sleepy dude with a mysterious backstory. Any B-level actor on a three-day heroin bender could have stood in for Gyllenhaal.

Hes definitely one of the current best actors in Hollywood. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know anything about acting

Top 10 right now

Top 5 after Prince of Persia 2 comes out

I just watched Southpaw and he held that movie together.

He was also great in Enemy.

Back