Jake Ellenberger is 2-8 in his last 10 fights.

Feels like it wasn't long ago everyone was clambering for him to fight GSP for the WW belt. Sad.

But he has had more than ten fights! You wouldn't be trying to present the numbers in such a way to make him look worse would you TS?

To be fair, some of those losses are to very good fighters.

Getting ko'd by Lawler, Wonderboy and Perry isn't that bad.

But he has looked worse and worse. I think it's pretty clear his best days are behind him.

Burkman put Fitch to sleep after Fitch left the UFC and talked a bunch of trash, so he gets a pass.

He also took Lombard's fight when everybody was ducking him badly

To be fair, some of those losses are to very good fighters.

Getting ko'd by Lawler, Wonderboy and Perry isn't that bad.

But he has looked worse and worse. I think it's pretty clear his best days are behind him.

Very good fighters in Robbie and Wonderboy

AND Perry

He's been done for a looooooong time now. Maybe since around the Kampmann fight. Hard to understand why anyone stays with Edmond. Like do they not notice all the fighters he trains are getting their asses kicked?

The fuck is that guy doing to inspire that kind of loyalty. He must be the ultimate yes man

But he has had more than ten fights! You wouldn't be trying to present the numbers in such a way to make him look worse would you TS?
Well duh. Looking at a fighters last 5 or last 10 fights is pretty common. Yes, he used to be good. But two wins in the last five years, both over other shot fighters, is a pretty bad record.

Mad props to anyone with whatever skills they have that has allowed them to take that many losses and still remain in the UFC.

I had no idea, actually.

Crazy to say the least. When he came on the scene he looked like he was going to be a contender then just fell off quickly. I think he is ripe for a win.

I couldn't help but put him in a couple of parlays as a winner...crossing fingers...

Really sad decline for a guy who was absolutely terrifying in his first UFC fights. At least we got to see him annihilate Jake Shields

They've been using him incorrectly. Instead of being a test for young fighters and a way to prove and make a name for themselves, they're letting veterans and high-ranked fighters beat on him. It's not good for his career or the careers of developing fighters.

Rory took his soul in a staring contest. Thats fucking sad when you think about it.

Well, he TKO'd prime Shields. That's probably the only reason why he's still on the roster.

He's still young, getting better and more experience. If he sticks with the sport, he will be challenging for a title in a few years. He's on the same career trajectory as Erick Silva.
This would've been edgy 4 years ago

i'll always remember when he first came and fought Carlos Condit on short notice and was pretty much kicking Condit's ass until he gassed.

i thought for sure he'd fight for a title one day, he looked like an animal in that fight even though he lost. he was a nobody and Condit was a top 10 WW at the time.

Why hasn’t he been cut?

Somebody here said the other day that Jake must have dirt on Dana.... It's starting to look like less of a joke, and more of a legit possibility.

Back