Jake Ellenberger is 2-8 in his last 10 fights.

Dream20

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is there anybody in the UFC right now with worse form? Why hasn’t he been cut?

Jake is fighting Bryan Barberena on the next card.

Well that's like the Diaz bros combined record but they still have a cult-like following.

He should fight Burkman

In his most recent UFC stint he is
1-7-1

Has been mentioned a time or two. but thinking with another loss and the guy should call it a career...

Is there anybody in the UFC right now with worse form? Why hasn’t he been cut?

Jake is fighting Bryan Barberena on the next card.
2-8 is pretty good with a coach like tarvedyan

He's still young, getting better and more experience. If he sticks with the sport, he will be challenging for a title in a few years. He's on the same career trajectory as Erick Silva.

Has been mentioned a time or two. but thinking with another loss and the guy should call it a career...

100 percent this. The crazy thing is there was a time where Jake definitely appeared to be a durable guy but since Robby finished him with strikes back in 2014, five of the six losses he's had have been by way of stoppage (most with strikes, one by submission).

I think he's a good dude and was on a hell of a tear during 2010 and 2011, but it may be time to call it a career.

Well that's like the Diaz bros combined record but they still have a cult-like following.

In Nates last 5 fights, he is 3-2 having only lost to RDA and Conor, LW champions. In Nicks last 5 fights, he is 2-2-1 having only lost to GSP and Condit, the latter being debatable, but also former champions. They are a combined 5-4-1 in their last 10 fights. That is hardly comparable to Ellenberger being 2-8 and losing to many lower level guys.

Dana fucked him one time so no way he's getting cut. That's the only logical explanation.

Every fighter has an expiration date... and Jake has definitely past his best before...

At one time, the guy was one of the best WW's in the world. That time has passed.

His war with Diego Sanchez took a toll on the man, and the KO to Kampmann was a defining moment. While he still has power in his hands, his chin and speed have diminished so much, that it is dangerous for him to be facing elite WW's anymore.

I hope he calls it a career soon, win or lose to Barbarena.. I'm a fan none the less...

Ever since the rory fight he has been utter shit altough he did not receive big damage in that fight

I remember when he used to be good.

I know the fan boys will say platinum ended him

But it was Edmond that ruined any potential he had.

Back