Jake Ellenberger has dirt on Dana

prob willing to accept smaller checks or not complain too much and just show up to fight

at this point he should be fighting UFC debutants. They kept giving him high level fighters until now. Now he can finally fight someone who isn't elite still hard fight for him.

I really thought Ellenberger was going to be the one who dethroned GSP at the time. Good wrestling and huge power in his hands.

Boy have the times changed. Something in that Rory fight happened to him and changed him mentally.

I really thought Ellenberger was going to be the one who dethroned GSP at the time. Good wrestling and huge power in his hands.

Boy have the times changed. Something in that Rory fight happened to him and changed him mentally.
Id say the kampmann fight changed him. He had it won, let it go, then got finished. I believe he starched Jake shields after then froze against rory. I think he has flashbacks of the kampmann fight. Had he won he would have probably gotten a title shot

Is the only explanation I could come up with on why he’s still employed by the UFC.

This dude has completely fell off the face of the earth since USADA rolled into town.

His fights aren’t even exciting so what other reason is he still around? He has a problem pulling the trigger and when he finally did pull the trigger against Saunders, he got knee’d to a little country I call Bolivia.

I see on his social media that he’s training with young Aaron Pico so that must be the reason he tried to change his approach last fight but I don’t see how he’s going to get past Bryan Barberena later this month and still not retire.

He also trains with Tj and Cub

Dan Hardy lost 5 in a row and wasn’t cut.

Just depends on what you bring to the table. If the owners and fans enjoy your fights, you get more room for error.

I lost so much money when he fought Kampmann. I can't look at him the same since.

Thiago Santos is that guy for me (spicely fight)

Jake bless him, cashed me as a huge underdog against Matt brown, I just had a weird gut feeling

Yea, I'm a little surprised that a guy that is 2-8 in his last 10 fights and has lost 5 out his last 6 is still on the roster. I'm concerned for his health, he has been TKO/KO in 5 of his last 10 fights.
View attachment 417879

He fought Rory Mac, Robbie Lawler, Kelvin Gastelum, Wonderboy and Jorge Masvidal in the space of 3 years and can still spell his own name which is more than most on this planet :cool:

Jake started losing long before USADA, literally years, so no reason to suggest he was cheating, thats egregious.

Back on planet earth, the dude has 45 pro fights and his chin was burned up around 35 fights in, as we've seen many times. You can only do this for so long.

He's always been a company man, on weight, swings for the fences and goes out on his shield. He's been told its a wrap before and begged for another chance, and it worked more times than it should.

I like Jake, its time to move along.

Yea, I'm a little surprised that a guy that is 2-8 in his last 10 fights and has lost 5 out his last 6 is still on the roster. I'm concerned for his health, he has been TKO/KO in 5 of his last 10 fights.
View attachment 417879
There’s 5 KO/TKO losses in that image, I’m worried for his health.

He’s got some dirt on his chin, I’ll tell you that

I always associate him with guys like Charlie Brenneman, Rick Story, John Hendricks and even Martin Kampmann a bit. There was this influx of really hyped up WWs who, besides Hendricks, never really amounted to much. It's also kind of funny how, despite reaching the pinnacle of the sport, Hendricks has arguably fallen worse than any of those guys.

View attachment 417879
He faced a murderers row, good lord. I guess the Matt Brown win bought him some time.

Jake started losing long before USADA, literally years, so no reason to suggest he was cheating, thats egregious.

Back on planet earth, the dude has 45 pro fights and his chin was burned up around 35 fights in, as we've seen many times. You can only do this for so long.

He's always been a company man, on weight, swings for the fences and goes out on his shield. He's been told its a wrap before and begged for another chance, and it worked more times than it should.

I like Jake, its time to move along.

I thought Jake and Hendricks were quite similar at one point. The main difference was the even prime Jake had this really bad ability to choke after dominating. The Kampman fight was the best (worst?) example. Just before that, he completely destroyed Diego Sanchez for 2 rounds then gassed and lost the 3rd. He may have very well lost a 5 rounder to a guy who ended up at FW a couple of years later.

I like Jake, too, but he had some holes (mostly mental IMO) that prevented him from reaching the elite level. I think he had the physical tools. As badly as Hendricks deteriorated, he was a complete fighter with strong mental and physical games until the Wonderboy KO loss. His earlier losses were close and he always bounced back. After Wonderboy and his weight cutting woes,he fell off the wagon as fast as anyone I've seen.

Speaking of that, that generation of WWs had a lot of sudden declines: Jake, Hendricks, Kos, Condit, etc.

I thought Jake and Hendricks were quite similar at one point. The main difference was the even prime Jake had this really bad ability to choke after dominating. The Kampman fight was the best (worst?) example. Just before that, he completely destroyed Diego Sanchez for 2 rounds then gassed and lost the 3rd. He may have very well lost a 5 rounder to a guy who ended up at FW a couple of years later.

I like Jake, too, but he had some holes (mostly mental IMO) that prevented him from reaching the elite level. I think he had the physical tools. As badly as Hendricks deteriorated, he was a complete fighter with strong mental and physical games until the Wonderboy KO loss. His earlier losses were close and he always bounced back. After Wonderboy and his weight cutting woes,he fell off the wagon as fast as anyone I've seen.

Speaking of that, that generation of WWs had a lot of sudden declines: Jake, Hendricks, Kos, Condit, etc.

Jake, like many fighters, deteriorated after 35+ fights. There are some rare exceptions in the sport where this doesn't happen (millage may vary) but overwhelmingly we see guys decline from getting shop worn.

Condit for his part had a really bad knee injury and a long layoff late in his career with 35+ fights. You just don't easily bounce back from that to compete with the best fighters in the world, most of the time.

Jake, like many fighters, deteriorated after 35+ fights. There are some rare exceptions in the sport where this doesn't happen (millage may vary) but overwhelmingly we see guys decline from getting shop worn.

I agree, but still think he had the physical tools to be elite--something was just missing. When he fought Kampmann, he had never been KO'd. Kampmann had 25 fights by that point including 3 brutal KO losses. I really don't think Jake had more wear-n-tear than Martin...he just gassed or had a mental lapse after dominating but not getting a finish. Those kinds of things kept him from ever fighting for the WW title.

Back