• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Jailton Almeida will take on Shamil Abdurakhimov at UFC 280

This guy is very active, this is going to be his fifth fight in 2022

Let Almeida fight at HW. You sherdoggers would probably call him a weight bully if he cut to 205. It's much healthier to fight at your natural weight and he can put on size.

He has the speed, and athleticism to have an advantage there sir.
I think it's a good addition to the HW division no?
At some point those massive dudes are gonna give him problems that his speed and athleticism can't get by

Perhaps I didn't explain this. It's not about what Anton would want. It's in what Jailton would want or who the UFC would want against him. Once you come to Anton as the answer, yes, the rest plays out logically. But it's in finding a replacement, one wouldn't normally have to give them negotiating power. The fact that Jailton was signed up for someone up to 265 means ANYONE 205 to even above 265 who could cut to 265 in time are viable.

I expect Anton was an easy yes with Jailton figuring the 220 is an easy no effort clause for him anyway (in which case it wasn't needed) or else any perceived resistance could have been met with any other replacement

All the replacement UFC HWs walk around at 425 and didn't have time to cut to 265

6u2y8j.jpg

This. No interest in him at heavyweight at all - it just feels like an experiment, not something to take seriously.

This guy is very active, this is going to be his fifth fight in 2022

Easy to be active when you aren't getting touched. He's been hit with 1 significant strike in 3 UFC fights.

Steamrolling opponents.

Back