Jacobs vs. Quillin Dec 5th

RR

Step into the lab
Banned
Reaction score
Done deal.

Agreed to terms last night

Undercard includes Cuellar defending his WBA FW title against Jonathan Oquendo and Kid Blast-Shafikov for the vacant IBF LW title.

mEof6N.gif

Rumors are this fight did epically bad. 267K viewers or something like that.

Like the fight. Don't know who id pick but at the moment im leaning towards Kid Choco.
Wheres Logical and his knowledge on betting on a fight like this?

Quillin beats Jacobs. Pretty sure this thread was hijacked. Still, Quillin takes this imo.

These two fighters are almost identical to me in their ability. Both get over excited and smother themselves after a couple landed punches. I bet one will get a headbutt, and the fight will be a no contest.

Neither guy could put him out, so why lie. GGG couldn't drop Gabe and Kid did.

Wonder what he says about Lemi's power now.

GGG had the flu when he fought gabe.

I'd be into a Jacobs/GGG fight, with the winner fighting the winner of a potential Canelo/Lee bout. Middleweight's looking good.

PPV or PBC?

This should be PBC with Thurman/Porter as the second fight

I am really looking forward to seeing who wins then who gets to fight Canelo lol

Anytime someone mentions a rumor they should be required to indicate from where they heard the rumor.

Wow. Fun fight. Those opening rounds are going to be like lightning. I hope Jacobs wins.

PPV or PBC?

This should be PBC with Thurman/Porter as the second fight

Neither.
Itll be on Showtime.
Really should be on PBC. Had both fighters on PBC, multiple times in Quillins case.
Both from Brooklyn, fighting in Brooklyn.
Stupid choice for it to be on Showtime.

Anytime Cuban posts about numbers they should be ignored entirely.

Great Fight. should be even money. If Jacobs makes it past 4 his should take it. Kid C hit hard and Jacobs chin is suspect, but Jacobs hits hard too and Kid C is gonna taste some power shots early so we will see how he handles it.

I just don't see how Jacobs is going to deal with the power of Quillin. Quillin has deceptively fast left hook and I think Jacobs is going to be running into it all night.

Quillin by TKO round 6-7

Fight did 386k viewers.
Shouldve been on their NBC card this Saturday instead.
Cuban was wrong again but he wasn't too far off.

Danny by knockout within 6.

Quillin aint bout that action, boss.

I have to go with the guy with the better chin in this one. Off the top of my head, the only time I recall Quillin being down was vs Lee and he got up and fought on vs a guy who usually ruins guys when he lands clean. Jacobs has been KO'd in the past and giraffe legged by Sergio mora.

The knock on Quillin is passivity and that could cost him here if Jacobs decides to box him.

I think this is a good matchup. Looking forward to this one.

Lol I knew it was gonna draw shit. Not everyone is Ronda

Neither.
Itll be on Showtime.
Really should be on PBC. Had both fighters on PBC, multiple times in Quillins case.
Both from Brooklyn, fighting in Brooklyn.
Stupid choice for it to be on Showtime.

Is showtime confirmed? On both their instagrams, they posted a fight poster like picture, however it did not have the broadcast station on the image.

I forgot this fight is happening on Saturday. Getting no hype whatsoever

Someone forgot to tell big Al.
Kid won't be able to handle Jacobs' aggression.

I would like to see Danny win but I think Quillin takes it.

Someone forgot to tell big Al.
Kid won't be able to handle Jacobs' aggression.

Do you think Jacons can handle Kid's Power. Kid is the hardest puncher at MW and Jacob get dropped in his fights.

It's these types of fights that the mainstream don't watch. It's fights like this that should represent boxing.

I got Kid, I think he got more boxing skillz, can get in and out with doing damage. If Jacobs can pressure him, he can turn the fight just like Lee did. My pick right now is Kid

Super close fight odds wise, especially for boxing. Quillin only a slight favorite.

Do you think Jacons can handle Kid's Power. Kid is the hardest puncher at MW and Jacob get dropped in his fights.

Hard to argue with Golovkins record.

Is showtime confirmed? On both their instagrams, they posted a fight poster like picture, however it did not have the broadcast station on the image.

Yea. Dan Rafael was explaining why it was on Showtime.
Basically said both fighters fought on there a lot and that Showtime was investing money in fighters like Garcia-Peterson and Santa Cruz-Mares only to see those fights happen on PBC, so it was a payoff fight that Haymon gave to them for having the others on different networks.
Stupid because that's the type of fight he needs on a primetime NBC card.

Also isn't there suppose to be an event on ABC this year or next?

Quillin hurts Jacobs with his power. Gonna be a great fight

Quillin won me over in the Lee fight a little bit mainly because I thought hed break after a kd but pulled himself together and grind it out

Jacobs was still on wobbly legs after the Mora kd, it would have been very interesting to what would have happened

...anyway I got Quillin by late stoppage or UD, all around better fighter than Jacobs

Jacobs gonna out box him. Quillin has a cowards heart. Q is just not good enough to get the job done.

Jacobs By A Split decision

Honestly I don't know, match up is intriguing.
We'll see if Jacobs his chin can hold up as the fight goes on, if it does I think he can get to Kid.

Danny is going to beat the breaks off Quillin

Live weigh ins at 10 PST/1 EST.

Honestly I don't know, match up is intriguing.
We'll see if Jacobs his chin can hold up as the fight goes on, if it does I think he can get to Kid.

I think if Jacons get past the early rds his footwork will then win him the fight. His can switch between southpaw to righty so smooth and be effect from either stance and I think that will confuse Kid

Im really excited for this one.

I see this playing out one of two ways. Either Quillian hurts him early, roughs him up and maybe even puts him on his ass, then goes on to win via decision. If Quillian doesnt have his time early, I feel like he's in a world of trouble. Quillian has shit stamina, and Jacobs isn't going to go easily into the night. If he doesnt hurt him early and often Jacobs is going to be in his face till the final bell and may even stop him.

That being said Quillian in an exciting back and forth.

Think im rollin with Quillin on this one

Nice fight, I like it .
I'll be cheering for Jacobs, but I expect Quillen to win. He's smoother, and will have a speed advantage.

Quillin is far from exceptional. Lee exposed him. You see now why he's been ducking ggg.

Daniel will beat him in an exciting fight

Kid by KO , it'll be a great fight though

I will give 2-1 odds on the first two (respectable) posters to take the bet. Money held in advance and people here can vouch for me. I'll put $500 on Danny and you get 1k on Quillin. Won't see those odds anywhere else

Oquendo- 125.5
Cuellar- 125.5

You are all really picking the guy who got knocked stupid by one clean shot from Sergio Mora to beat Quillin?

Dude annoys the hell out of me too but he's gonna crack Jacob's head like a pinata and candy is gonna spill out.

I will give 2-1 odds on the first two (respectable) posters to take the bet. Money held in advance and people here can vouch for me. I'll put $500 on Danny and you get 1k on Quillin. Won't see those odds anywhere else

Am I respectable enough to qualify? Not saying I'll take the bet for a lock but I'll seriously consider and havw an answer by tomorrow evening if so.

Kid- 159
Jacobs- 159.5

Pretty good chance of Quillin stopping Jacobs. Jacobs is chinny. Pirog stopped him and he wasn't the biggest puncher. He got dropped pretty hard by Mora of all people in his last fight.

Am I respectable enough to qualify? Not saying I'll take the bet for a lock but I'll seriously consider and havw an answer by tomorrow evening if so.

Sure

You are all really picking the guy who got knocked stupid by one clean shot from Sergio Mora to beat Quillin?

Dude annoys the hell out of me too but he's gonna crack Jacob's head like a pinata and candy is gonna spill out.

Yes.

That isnt going to happen.

Jacobs will bust Quillin's wide open chin.

What about 100 on even odds? I've got Quillin.

Bone- 145.8
Algieri- 145.8

Sleeper fight.

I like Jacobs and hope he wins, but I got a feeling that Kid C is more durable and Jacob's chin is going to fail him.

What do u guys think the line will be at for this one? Should be close.

I am picking Jacobs. I think is the better boxer in there. I do think Kids C is faster and stronger. But I see Danny J keeping him at range, and controlling the pace, clinching when he needs to.

Back